Chris Nunn Leaves

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Chris Nunn Leaves

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Adrian wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:11 pm I can't believe people are suggesting we go for a manager who pumps his own money in to sign players.

Managers like that are just desperate failures, a good manager will work within the clubs budget, if he can't meet the aims of the club with that budget then he is clearly not a good manager.

Take Daventry, they have some excellent players amongst their squad who are clearly not cheap, they should be the Spalding of the UCL yet they are average and not even in the top 5.

If you have all those players available to you and you can't get them into the top 3 in the UCL it says a lot about your ability to motivate those players.

Every manager eventually gets sacked, a manager pumping his own money in just gets a little longer because the board feel guilty to sack him, it's a recipe for toxicity and bad feeling.

A good example of a manager who puts his own money in is a rich man who is ugly, he knows the hot women are not interested in him but also knows that if he flashes his cash, he will bag one who is only interested in the money. He doesn't mind that she's only interested in his money because he doesn't have any dignity or self respect.

The board should ask themselves, would we appoint this guy if he wasn't willing to pump his own money in to the playing budget? if the answer to that is no - you know you have a problem.

I think I am 95% certain the board we have in place at the club wouldn't even consider such an appointment, they have already dealt and disposed of a guy who has since had to resort to buying his own football club to fulfil his dream of being a football manager by appointing himself.
I had to check myself to see if it was true, as I thought surely not! He is actually listed on their website as co-manager of Huntingdon. Shouldn’t have expected any less from that clown.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73