Lost [ Sat 2nd Sep ] v Loughborough Dynamo, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: [ Sat 2nd Sep ] v Loughborough Dynamo, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by GreekDiamond »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:35 pm
rickthediamond wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:24 pm I’d rather not comment on the game today as it’s too fresh and I’m sure it’s hurting us all right now. If we are still on 0 points after 10 games, then there will need to be a review on Chris’ position unfortunately. We all know too well that the table does not lie. I’m sorry to say that if we were relegated to UCL football, we probably wouldn’t have a club to support anymore.
But who could come in and do a better job? We all know the budget Is low, so they wouldnt be able to bring many players in, unless a new guy could attract 6 or 7 decent players but thats highly unlikely. New boss of the quality we require would also want a decent wage, so unless we start getting crowds of 700+ every home game then its not going to happen. Having said that, if this is the team we continue to go with then we're doomed for the drop. This has to be the worst start in the history of the club and i include the other rushden town and irthlingborough diamonds previous set ups.
Instead of manager, maybe a change in coaches would do anything? No offence to matty and others…. I don’t know what we can do to be honest. Once again we had great chances to score but the wrong decisions were made, too many touches taken and just poor shots in general.

Pharrell needs a break on the bench, never seen such a frustrating player. He can run fast, yes. But when it gets to the final pass, the final shot, the cross or the good ball to set up a move, he sh*ts the bed…
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

Do we really have a low budget?! Someone should have mentioned it…😴
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 49 times

Post by rickthediamond »

YoungDiamond wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:42 pm Do we really have a low budget?! Someone should have mentioned it…😴
Hahaha, it really is becoming pretty tiresome. We are a big club at this level and we shouldn’t be letting our expectations slide regardless of budgets.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Interviews with AFCRDTV

gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

YoungDiamond wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:42 pm Do we really have a low budget?! Someone should have mentioned it…😴
No mate it's massive 😂

Regardless just need to cut out silly individual mistakes & definitely need to start taking some of these great chances created. Think apart from one game we've created some massive chances imo. #keepthefaith
Curly
Been Liked: 9 times

Post by Curly »

I wasn't at the game yesterday but I've spoken to a couple that were and it sounds like once again we didn't take our chances and made silly mistakes for their goals. We're getting punished for every mistake at the minute and having no luck at all at the other end.

The club couldn't have made it clearer that there is a small budget and the size of our club in comparison to others makes absolutely no odds in the standings. Expectations have to be tempered by reality and the truth is right now we are lucky to even have a team on the pitch out there.

Any talk of Chris being replaced is absolute nonsense, this is for a couple of reasons. One who would come in with a similar reputation and take no money? Secondly with managers and coaches very much aware of our situation there would be no one out there even remotely close to as good as what we have right now.

Things aren't great right now and there is no disguising the results but we have to all stick together as a fan base. The future of our club is in our hands, let's not let it slip
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I hate to go over old ground, but the financial situation (yeah that word again!) wasn’t helped by AB overspending on the budget, to try and turn things around, and also his ridiculous idea to bring in the performance vests.

If the club got rid of Chris who realistically could replace him? They’d have the exact same problem. We’ve got some players there, but the football gods really don’t seem to be on our side at the moment.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

AB has to be allowed to spend the money he doesn't have. Those that were in charge of the finances could and should have said, no.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

therushden wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:54 am AB has to be allowed to spend the money he doesn't have. Those that were in charge of the finances could and should have said, no.
Plus we had to pay off AB’s contract, and I assume pay compensation to Kempston for Chris. I’ve no idea how much both of those amounted to.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

therushden wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:54 am AB has to be allowed to spend the money he doesn't have. Those that were in charge of the finances could and should have said, no.
Spot on!
We lost a lot of good volunteers at the club in the space of around 18 months, so something at boardroom level was driving them away, anyone involved with the club during that period should not be involved in the club today, they are people who stood back rather than speak out and they can't be trusted because it's a fan ran club and they were supposed to ensure the club was being ran in the best interest of the fans. It somehow ended up in Richard Maxwell being made manager and that's something that took more than one person to allow to happen.

I don't think we should be saying who are we going to get if we get rid of Chris Nunn, that's exactly the same as keeping Burgess on for longer just because he was a friend of the club.

After 15 league games, you have to review the performance of everyone, Chris judged the players and thought they were good enough, some have stepped up to this level so you have to ask if they are good enough, others who are good players for this level need to be looked at to see if they are performing as good as they can.

If K*ttering or Corby were bottom of the league after 15 games and their fans were saying they are lucky to have the manager who assembled the squad we would be laughing at them.

I still think Chris will turn it around, he won't be like Burgess and grill the players in his interviews, he will be classy and keep things between himself and the players and that's why I trust him to be able to coach them and improve the team.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎