FA Charges

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Re: FA Charges

Post by Brownie »

Biggles wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:29 pm Typical Media Man, not the full story.

Well the Leiston game was obviously going to the FA Disciplinary committee being as it was a mass confrontation so both teams charged and it seems Jim Burnside has got a solo charge.

Callum Westwood charged in April for 1319 offences over a period 2016-2021
Greg kaziboni charged in April for 12 offences between 2018-2021
Ben Ford charged in April for 466 offences between 2016-2019
Nathan Hicks charged in March for 2751 offences between 2017-2022
Dean Snedker charged in May for 503 offences between 2016-2022

As for Ben Acquaye cant find him in this years FA disciplinary records, the eyes hurt after a while trawling.

I think the most i found was for Roger Lee a ex director of Mickleover 4451 offences over the period 2012-2023

Trawling through i found quite a few betting offences every Month
Ben was 645 and you missed Lewis Wilson with 745
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Ben was 645 and you missed Lewis Wilson with 745

Wasn't looking for Lewis Wilson as his name not on the list posted by Pressman, i was just putting a more in depth reporting of the facts adding meat to the bones of what was posted i was also going to list the names of the clubs the players were at at the time of the offences but ran out of steam.

The way is was originaly posted just made it seem that they just were betting when at Our club.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Banbury posting on twitter about Ben Acquah charges.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:59 am I wonder when any punishments will be announced. In Snedker case it does perhaps explain why he did not move to a higher club last summer knowing at some point he faces a lengthy ban.
Nathan Hicks has been banned from all footballing activities for five years with the final two suspended.

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-go ... en-reasons

A quick glance shows that he had received a fine previously.

This really, really gets my goat. He's an addict yet no help was given by the FA or any other body to help him. The FA wring their hands over betting but are happy for clubs to accept millions from betting companies to have their name or shirts and on pitchside advertising.

I hope Nathan now gets access to the help he needs.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

I only found out today that Nathan Hicks is Ivan Toney's cousin.

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:59 am I hope Nathan now gets access to the help he needs.
I'm not sure I believe all this 'I'm an addict' stuff, if you get caught it's easier to say that to try getting a lighter punishment, gambling addicts often talk about the thrill they get from it but I'm not sure placing bets on your own team would give you that same thrill... for me the reason Non League footballers gamble is simply because they want some cash... just like every other average guy that goes into the bookies.

I think this line from that link shows there is probably group gambling going on:
he denied placing bets on behalf of others

So Hicksy has just lost his £300+ per week job and been banned for 5 years... what now? if he loves playing football and can't play again till he's 33+ I would imagine that would make him more likely to go and gamble, a Premier League footballer wouldn't care about it because they have plenty of money but a Non League footballer now finds himself under financial pressure.

The FA would be better off giving them suspended bans on the condition that they attend counselling and also go into schools to do some coaching.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Adrian wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:35 am
The FA would be better off giving them suspended bans on the condition that they attend counselling and also go into schools to do some coaching.
As I understand it being banned from all footballing activity would not allow this.
Basil

Post by Basil »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:48 am As I understand it being banned from all footballing activity would not allow this.
Does this mean that he can’t continue with the business he’s recently set up to coach kids? If so that’s a real double whammy!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

More “revelations” today - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... rticle-top

Not too sure if there is anything not mentioned above, but it will reach a wider audience.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Also in the Sun. Club connection to all 5 players mentioned
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Formic wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:32 am More “revelations” today - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... rticle-top

Not too sure if there is anything not mentioned above, but it will reach a wider audience.

Can clubs sue the Daily Mail?
Daily Mail wrote: Snedker and Wilson remain active participants in the game at Rushden & Diamonds and Banbury Town respectively so are banned from betting on football.
Dean Snedker left last season so he doesn't play for Rushden & Diamonds.
Lewis Wilson moved to Newport Pagnell back in November, don't know where he's at now.

Printing stories without doing the research properly is dangerous, if for example Dean Snedker and Lewis Wilson had just been accused of being paedophiles, Rushden & Diamonds and Banbury Town would now be finding themselves being the subject of lots of abuse/accusations on social media etc.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎