Match Day Programme

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Match Day Programme

Post by sussexdiamond »

My immediate thoughts on doing away with the traditional match day programme were that I was very disappointed. 60 plus years of accumulated programmes do clutter up the home though! I well understand the reasons and digital is the way ahead even for an old luddite like me. I do hope Tim is not being made redundant or put out to pasture 🤔. However as one who gets to few games nowadays being able to read the programme on line helps me to feel the match day experience as I listen to Radio Diamonds. Thanks and congratulations to those who have produced the programme, plenty of info and facts and easy to read.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: Match Day Programme

Post by StaceyH »

This has been a long time coming and I can only see positives to it. I know Rob and Alex thought long and hard about it as a physical programme is as much part of the matchday experience as walking through the turnstiles but it was making a loss season on season so something needed to change.
The long-held argument about sponsors paying for their advert doesn’t wash with me, not that it ever did - 150 people might see it in a physical copy, we’ve currently just over 11000 followers on Twitter alone who will now all get to read it; that has to be better exposure for everyone (club included)!

I don’t think we need worry about Tim, I’m sure there are many other jobs that he’ll be only too happy to carry out!
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

The new digital Proogramme is a really good read. Take a look
You needn't worry about Tim or Bill who used to sell the Programmes. You will see Bill on the turnstiles on Saturday and Tim will be helping Kit's family on a bucket collection for one of Kit's charities.

It does remind me however that we really do need more volunteers not just for match day but for other Community and fund raising events. You are never to young or to old to help out. If you can spare the odd hour or two occasionally please come forward. The Cub needs you.

Contact me (Dave Bland) at david.bland@afc-diamonds.com
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

StaceyH wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:29 am This has been a long time coming and I can only see positives to it. I know Rob and Alex thought long and hard about it as a physical programme is as much part of the matchday experience as walking through the turnstiles but it was making a loss season on season so something needed to change.
The long-held argument about sponsors paying for their advert doesn’t wash with me, not that it ever did - 150 people might see it in a physical copy, we’ve currently just over 11000 followers on Twitter alone who will now all get to read it; that has to be better exposure for everyone (club included)!

I don’t think we need worry about Tim, I’m sure there are many other jobs that he’ll be only too happy to carry out!
Totally agree, I never buy a programme, but checked this out and thoroughly enjoyed the read - well done everyone involved in the decision and the design, very impressed!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Very good read.

Unfortunate that physical copies won’t be available, but I completely understand why those at the club made the decision. I used to religiously get a program every week, but these days I rarely carry cash with me.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Tim put up a few QR Codes around the ground yesterday after doing some pitch side fence painting.

IMG_1558.jpeg
IMG_1558.jpeg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 2020 times