Lost [ Sat 18th Feb ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: [ Sat 18th Feb ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Formic »

Burgess also didn't rate fellow midfielder Jordan Henderson, and ran "HendersonWatch" for some time. I guess multiple England Caps, European Trophies and Domestic trophies have highlighted how misguided that was.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

To me, the old board have a lot to answer for and, not for the first time, I have to say that they had nobody on the board who had any real football knowledge.

2 questions. Who on earth authorised Burge to exceed his budget by 35% - the old board's figures not mine! and how did we get into the poor financial situation that the new board took over!

The last point is maybe not for this forum but the 2 points put together add up to why Chris Nunn is now allegedly operating on less than half the budget than Burge's overspend.

Or put it another way half of Corby's budget and one third of Harborough Town's - step 4 - and yesterday's opponents.

We should all be happy that we still have a football club to support and while relegation is now inevitable, we have a 'proper' football manager who knows step 3 and 4 better than a lot of people - and certainly Burge and Maxwell!!!
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

To Blame the old board is a cop out from ourselves taking any responsibility for the problems, the Fan base was totally apathetic as well.
I think the movement Ralph decided to stand down it started the snowball rolling down the hill with every body just looking at each other
and paralysis setting in. Without Maxwell love him or hate him we would be a busted mess, he actually started our revival he was the catalyst that broke everybody from the trance.

We as fans should have seen the problems ahead, sharing the chairmanship should have made us worry, no one actually pushing player sponsorship, or the club shop , signs of a lack of real leadership.

Once nobody came forward to replace Ralph the alarm bell should have been wrung and a EGM called either by the remaining board or Us fans demanding one and be told why no one will take the mantle.

We yes, We including me are culpable to some of the Woe please don't look for scapegoats to cover our own failings
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Yesterday was without doubt a very hard watch. How can we fall so far in 12 months?

A goal and/ or a point would be great. Surely that's not too much to hope for. I do fear that crowds will continue to fall, and it won't be easy to get them back unless we have a really good season next time, but at the moment that feels like a long way off.

I don't want to be negative, and will still be there when I can. Whether I will 'enjoy' it though is debatable.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Biggles wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:58 pm To Blame the old board is a cop out from ourselves taking any responsibility for the problems, the Fan base was totally apathetic as well.
I think the movement Ralph decided to stand down it started the snowball rolling down the hill with every body just looking at each other
and paralysis setting in. Without Maxwell love him or hate him we would be a busted mess, he actually started our revival he was the catalyst that broke everybody from the trance.

We as fans should have seen the problems ahead, sharing the chairmanship should have made us worry, no one actually pushing player sponsorship, or the club shop , signs of a lack of real leadership.

Once nobody came forward to replace Ralph the alarm bell should have been wrung and a EGM called either by the remaining board or Us fans demanding one and be told why no one will take the mantle.

We yes, We including me are culpable to some of the Woe please don't look for scapegoats to cover our own failings
Spot on, I posted something similar recently. The 'old board', who are now to blame for everything that's wrong at the club, is largely the same board who was responsible for taking us to within touching distance of Step 2 football. Some of them are still a part of the 'new board', and some are still offering their advice and support behind the scenes. Given some of the shit they've been subjected to recently, I'm not sure I'd be that willing to help if I was in their position.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Biggles wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:58 pm To Blame the old board is a cop out from ourselves taking any responsibility for the problems, the Fan base was totally apathetic as well.

Whilst I can see a lot of sense in what you are saying, I think the legacy of fans getting criticised if they questioned the Boards actions contributed to the tolerance of anything obvious going on, but an awful lot of the issues you mention were not communicated until it was too late. The AGM in July didn't seem to highlight anything going so far astray. I wasn't able to attend home games during the period in question, so can't be sure how obvious the problems were - perhaps a visit to the club shop or spotting the lack of commercial / sponsorship activity from signage or the programme might have made a difference.

The Members Forum might have been somewhere where such issues could have been discussed between the AGM and Christmas, but it remain a home for tumbleweed.
RyanDoveFanClub
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by RyanDoveFanClub »

Judging by his tweets, seems that Matt Hawkins has stepped down from socials again. Is there still an issue with that department at the club?

(edit - please let's not resort to calling out individuals, particularly in a speculative manner like this.) - Admin
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

RyanDoveFanClub wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:00 pm Judging by his tweets, seems that Matt Hawkins has stepped down from socials again. Is there still an issue with that department at the club?
I believe the socials have been taken on by the commercial team, as it has a lot of potential cash income that is of extreme value for the club right now. There is no issue, in fact it's just beginning to be used for the benefit of the club. Many of the working groups are in need of people to help drive the club forward, don't be shy putting your name down.
AFC R & D member number 34
Lawman
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Lawman »

RyanDoveFanClub wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:00 pm Judging by his tweets, seems that Matt Hawkins has stepped down from socials again. Is there still an issue with that department at the club?
What's this got to do with the Hednesford result.
Your speculative toxic comments are completely unhelpful whilst members and volunteers are endeavouring to correct the current situation
RyanDoveFanClub
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by RyanDoveFanClub »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:38 pm
I believe the socials have been taken on by the commercial team, as it has a lot of potential cash income that is of extreme value for the club right now. There is no issue, in fact it's just beginning to be used for the benefit of the club. Many of the working groups are in need of people to help drive the club forward, don't be shy putting your name down.
Awesome to hear, smart business and a good decision by those involved. Thanks for clearing it up 👍