Lost [ Sat 11th Feb ] v Barwell, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Lawman
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: [ Sat 11th Feb ] v Barwell, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Lawman »

davealbon wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:56 pm Nunn is having to work with a restricted budget though, whereas Burge was basically spending what he wanted.
Thats a sweeping statement unless you have inside information
Surely those who had control of the clubs finance would have had visibility of the costs being incurred.
Could be another situation similar to the food outlet and the bar/clubhouse previously???
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Lawman wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:46 pm
davealbon wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:56 pm Nunn is having to work with a restricted budget though, whereas Burge was basically spending what he wanted.
Thats a sweeping statement unless you have inside information
Surely those who had control of the clubs finance would have had visibility of the costs being incurred.
Could be another situation similar to the food outlet and the bar/clubhouse previously???
I think it's fairly common knowledge that Burgess had overspent on his wage budget, and that both Maxwell and Nunn were tasked with bringing down the wage bill. I won't go into detail on here, but I'm sure you can find out the specifics on the members' forum.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I've tried to stop posting on here after games, conscious that I'm possibly no longer viewing matches the same way the average supporter is and that's probably the case here. After coming on to the various incarnations of this forum to air my thoughts immediately after a game for the last 18/19 years, going cold turkey has been a challenge!

I didn't think yesterday was as bad as has been made out. Perhaps more a case of pent up frustration that we haven't been able to bring about a change in fortunes despite all the changes, or maybe it was as bad as others think and I'm viewing it through a different set of specs.

Granted it wasn't great and we lost the game in the first 20 minutes by taking too long to get to grips with their quick forward, but after that, were they any better than us? I didn't think so.

This season has been any fan's worst nightmare, the sort of season that only happens if the rug is intentionally pulled by a financial backer, or something (or many things) have gone badly wrong. Davealbon hit the nail on the head earlier when he mentioned about a potential drop-off in attendances. I really can't stress enough that we collectively can't allow this to happen. It might feel like a chore now, but I'd rather stomach that short-term knowing brighter days are ahead. Too many people have worked too hard over the last 12 years to get us to this stage for us to throw in the towel now when as we all know, the club needs us more than ever.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

Couldn't agree more Alex and I would reiterate my sincere thanks for all the incredibly hard work you and the new board have put in to try and turn the club around. There is plenty that us fans are not aware of but with relegation all but confirmed I, for one, am very much looking forward to next season in whatever league we find ourselves.

I think the fans should also thank the manager who has done an amazing job in cutting the players budget and I remain confident that better times are ahead,
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Must say i thought we were the better side in the 2nd half and were unlucky not to pull one back towards the end
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

I won't judge Nunn too much this season after the mess he took on.

Yesterday was for me the old cliche of a tale of two halves. First was dreadful, the second a big improvement, when I thought we were the better team.

New keeper was good although I got a bit worried when he was going up so early. Midfield struggled but not their fault as the ball was mainly played above them. Defenders need to play more together but I feel they are the strongest area of the team.

Huge job needed in the summer, I'm resigned to relegation, but I have felt like that for weeks.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

The pressman wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:02 pm Couldn't agree more Alex and I would reiterate my sincere thanks for all the incredibly hard work you and the new board have put in to try and turn the club around. There is plenty that us fans are not aware of but with relegation all but confirmed I, for one, am very much looking forward to next season in whatever league we find ourselves.

I think the fans should also thank the manager who has done an amazing job in cutting the players budget and I remain confident that better times are ahead,

Agree with all this. But also get peoples frustrations. I excepted relegation ages ago before Nunn appointment. I personally think (just me) that Nunn appointment is a good one. Think financially done brilliantly for the club and certainly deserves 2-3 months of start of next season (my opinion) to have a fresh start with hopefully few more quid to work with. Lrts be honest right now we're hardly a huge pull.

Off the pitch board look like there busting a gut to make things happen which im massively greatful for,ive always had the upmost respect for all these years to all these people doing voluntary roles and giving there best.

On playing front i Personally would move Tee on now who I see as absolute luxury to this team and guessing he's costing a few quid too. ,But to be fair to the kid he's played with some very poor players too so no dig whatsoever. Think now is definitely time more than ever to play 4 4 2 and have a bloody go. Stick jenson & burnside as the 2 and 2 banks of 4 and see what happens. Although yesterday was 2 poor sides slugging it out,thought 2nd half we Improved without creating too much.

This season has been terrible but our first real bad one. Some really poor poor decisions, far to much £££ wasted, also very little luck either. Personally can't wait for it to finish but looking forward to fresh start in pre season.

Let's keep the faith 💎⚽️🙌
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I was watching Sky Sports News yesterday after their manager got sacked. What they said on the show was a similar situation to us. I can’t remember word for word what was said, but it was along the lines of they’ve had three managers this season, they also have a lot of young players, that’s always a recipe for disaster, whatever level you’re at.

I’m convinced Nunn will get it right in the summer, and we’ll hopefully have a real go next season.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

I wouldn't be judging him until late October/early November at the earliest and then only if a relegation battle is on the cards. If not then judge him at the end of the season.

You need to be looking two/three/five years in the future then.

Next season needs to be a season of stability and having the same twenty players play the majority of games under the same management team.

Once those foundations are in place then steps forward can start to take place.

Keep looking for a short term solution would lead to madness.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights from AFCRDTV