Next 3 games

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: Next 3 games

Post by Adrian »

We signed Atcha from Harborough who we know have a good budget, we also signed I think it's 2 players on dual registration with Peterborough Sports who are also a club with a good budget. We must be offering a competitive budget to get players from those clubs to come here. I think Harborough are probably paying him more but I think Atcha has exaggerated as I can't see a club tripling the wage of a player who when he was there a month ago seemed to be a substitute.

Still, he obviously wasn't committed to the fight so him being away from the squad so quickly is a blessing.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Atcha has now also signed a contract with Harborough until the end of next season which shows the budget they must have and probably the strength of that division considering Harborough haven't even managed to make it into the top 5 at all this season. Still confused at why he left for us in the first place only to return after one game, but for a young lad, he's already had a fair few clubs.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

So who is "the money" at Harborough then?
AFC R & D member number 34
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 43 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

They generate a fair bit from their two 3G pitches and facilities hire. It is thought that the manager assists with the budget.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:51 am They generate a fair bit from their two 3G pitches and facilities hire. It is thought that the manager assists with the budget.
Who paid for the 3G pitches and facilities? Surely the money generated would go straight to paying the £million off? Unless the local council have them a freebie or actually a businessman has invested for a return
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

diamondsteve wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:19 pm
SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:51 am They generate a fair bit from their two 3G pitches and facilities hire. It is thought that the manager assists with the budget.
Who paid for the 3G pitches and facilities? Surely the money generated would go straight to paying the £million off? Unless the local council have them a freebie or actually a businessman has invested for a return
https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/ha ... -park.html
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

AndyKirkup wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:44 am
diamondsteve wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:19 pm
https://www.pitchcare.com/news-media/ha ... -park.html
Lucky them . 100% profit then being made