Next 3 games

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Next 3 games

Post by sussexdiamond »

With only 15 games remaining and 15 points adrift of safety(allowing for our grossly inferior GD) our situation is dire. Anything less than 7 points from our next 3 games will virtually confirm our status for next season. The squad that Chris Nunn has put together has an opportunity to get some morale boosting wins over the next two weeks. The fans are behind him and the team. Who is Ben Gough, sub yesterday, and why did Atcha play for Harborough yesterday?
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Re: Next 3 games

Post by Ricky330 »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:47 am With only 15 games remaining and 15 points adrift of safety(allowing for our grossly inferior GD) our situation is dire. Anything less than 7 points from our next 3 games will virtually confirm our status for next season. The squad that Chris Nunn has put together has an opportunity to get some morale boosting wins over the next two weeks. The fans are behind him and the team. Who is Ben Gough, sub yesterday, and why did Atcha play for Harborough yesterday?
Atcha has left the club. Ben Gough is Moulton scholar who has been playing at Cogenhoe.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

That a shame about atcha as I thought he looked decent last week, but of a to do on Twitter last night with Chris saying he’d left for 3 times the money (can’t blame him) Austin from harborough said it was “absolute bullshit” and he had gone to harborough for less money.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

bozzer wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:20 pm That a shame about atcha as I thought he looked decent last week, but of a to do on Twitter last night with Chris saying he’d left for 3 times the money (can’t blame him) Austin from harborough said it was “absolute bullshit” and he had gone to harborough for less money.
I'd be absolutely amazed if he's gone to Harborough on less money than he was getting here although only Atcha could say for sure. I'm pretty sure Austin hasn't got a clue!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

BartonRaz wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:23 pm
bozzer wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:20 pm That a shame about atcha as I thought he looked decent last week, but of a to do on Twitter last night with Chris saying he’d left for 3 times the money (can’t blame him) Austin from harborough said it was “absolute bullshit” and he had gone to harborough for less money.
I'd be absolutely amazed if he's gone to Harborough on less money than he was getting here although only Atcha could say for sure. I'm pretty sure Austin hasn't got a clue!
That was pretty much my conclusion as well!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

Ben Gough is a central defender at Moulton College who has been captaining Cogenhoe at Step 5. I've seen him a few times this season but to be honest he didnt appear to be ready for Step 3 albeit I'd trust Matty Vernon's judgment as he sees him at the college on a day by day basis.

Atcha is an odd one. Apparently on good money at Harborough Town at step 4 - takes a pay cut to join us - the returns to sit on the Harborough bench for what Chris Nunn said on R Npton yesterday was 3 times the amount we were paying him - or could it be the figure they were already paying him before he jumped ship to us?
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

We definitely need to look at putting 2 up front, then build from there. Anker might make a winger which we're desperate for imo, and where's Dean? Let's see a more attacking intention from now on and get a platform for the future.
AFC R & D member number 34
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:51 pm We definitely need to look at putting 2 up front, then build from there. Anker might make a winger which we're desperate for imo, and where's Dean? Let's see a more attacking intention from now on and get a platform for the future.
I think I heard radio diamonds say Dean has left the club
Last edited by diamondsteve on Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

John Dean gone to Burton Park Wanderers
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

Ricky330 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:45 pm John Dean gone to Burton Park Wanderers
Dual registration. Makes a lot of sense as he will get game time and BPW are in pretty good form, think it was 1 point from their first 8 games but now in mid table. Hopefully he'll get some goals and confidence as a result.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101