Won [ Mon 2nd Jan ] v St Ives Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: [ Mon 2nd Jan ] v St Ives Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by sussexdiamond »

Nunn says in his interview that loanee situation will be announced later this week.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

We just need to sort Bruce with the mic when making subs πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚ Ryan Hughes OUT..... Andy (etc etc) IN. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

That was night and day from the last insipid performance I watched against Bromsgrove.

First half I thought you were well on top and, on a less heavy pitch, could have got a couple more.

There is never a good time to concede but if you are going to do it let one in when the opposition don't really have time to grab the momentum. What ever was said at half-time worked as they team came out and played attritional football for the first twenty minutes of the second half. Even though Snedker made a great save at the end St.Ives didn't deserve a point based on Diamonds play over 90 minutes

Sitting behind the goal I could hear the encouragement and advice from the dug out where previously there was nothing. The start of the second half proved that the management team know how to manage a game rather than "trusting the process"

It may still be too little, too late but Chris Nunn and his team should be judged on where you are at the end of May 2024.
Last edited by SouthRushdenJFC on Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

gibston wrote: ↑Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:06 am We just need to sort Bruce with the mic when making subs πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚ Ryan Hughes OUT..... Andy (etc etc) IN. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Bruce does a great job, but yeah someone needs to tell him this isn’t the NFL!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Really enjoyed the game and not just the result, there seems definitely a good feel around the club at the moment. Excellent result with some great performances on a very heavy pitch. Fight, determination, didn’t let our heads drop. Listened to the interviews after the game and so pleased we have a manager who is actually a proper manager. Seen enough in Chris Nunn’s attitude, knowledge, game ownership already to see that this appointment was the right one. Some exciting times ahead, maybe not enough games and too wide a gap to get out of this mess but if we do go down we will be confident of making our way back.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: ↑Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:22 am
gibston wrote: ↑Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:06 am We just Aneed to sort Bruce with the mic when making subs πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚ Ryan Hughes OUT..... Andy (etc etc) IN. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
No, please don't tell him! Quite enjoyed something a bit different, but I did have to think about what sport we were watching. 'Don't forget to get your snacks ' at half-time was good as well!
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: ↑Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:41 pm
gibston wrote: ↑Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:06 am We just Aneed to sort Bruce with the mic when making subs πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜‚ Ryan Hughes OUT..... Andy (etc etc) IN. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

No, please don't tell him! Quite enjoyed something a bit different, but I did have to think about what sport we were watching. 'Don't forget to get your snacks ' at half-time was good as well!
Bruce is quite literally an absolute Diamond πŸ’Ž. Great move to get him on the mike. Love itπŸ‘πŸ‘
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's latest report

Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Ricky330 wrote: ↑Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:39 pm
Phil-the-Diamond wrote: ↑Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:41 pm

Bruce is quite literally an absolute Diamond πŸ’Ž. Great move to get him on the mike. Love itπŸ‘πŸ‘
Yeah, got to agree, nothing against our other PA announcers, but Bruce is so unique and entertaining, yes the way he announces subs might be a bit cringey, but if anything having him on the mic adds something to our match day experience, something that has lacked at HR I feel, you certainly don't forget him!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights and interviews with AFCRDTV