Lost BOXING DAY AWAY! [ Mon 26th Dec ] v Bedford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: BOXING DAY AWAY! [ Mon 26th Dec ] v Bedford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Brownie wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:46 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:58 am
YoungDiamond wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:53 am It’s actually criminal how we’ve got in this position of having so many bad players on ‘good’ money that they probably don’t deserve. You can excuse 1 or 2 but we’ve somehow ended up with the majority of our team absolutely nowhere near the level required. The contracts situation is shocking. The defending yesterday was unforgivable and like people have said, they shouldn’t be at this level. Hopefully Chris has already acquired some players as we won’t have many left once the loans expire and the under performers are gone. Hopefully we don’t need to find another keeper.
The blame completely lies on Burgess, he’s why we’re in the position we are.
Does a % of the blame not sit squarely on the shoulders of those who gave him the job!!!
50/50 blame then!! Burgess identified players, those on the board at the time signed off on them.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

diamondsteve wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:04 pm
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:44 pm Did hughes's goal yesterday make him top scorer with 3 Or dud he join a list of players on 2? Still pretty terrible at this stage of the season, scored less than we've played and the worst goal difference by some distance. Also, how many players have we used this season? Must close to 40 and if we bring 7 or 8 in, close to 50. Quite unbelievable stats!
Hughes is on 2 with others. We don’t have anyone who has scored more than 2 this season so far . Terrible stats

I swear we set the new record of goals conceded in this league before yesterdays game too…. and only 23 played Anyone confirm?
Miguel has 3 goals
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:49 am
diamondsteve wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:33 am
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:17 am

Would be good to have those four back, not sure what’s happened to Hicks, I’m guessing some personal issue. Tshikuna left because he likely couldn’t believe what he was witnessing with Burgess completely gutting the squad, FBT initially said he would return, but then had Nathan whispering in his ear, Jesse was dropped for one of he who shall not be named under 23 players, don’t blame him for leaving. Not expecting Nathan, Jesse or FBT to return to be honest, as Chris Nunn will have his own players in mind.

Thank him for his efforts, and send Connor back to Cobblers. We need a partner for Jenson who can actually hold the ball up.
Jenson needs to take some responsibility himself scoring 1 goal in 23 and blaming others around him is not right. Another one that needs to drop to a level that doesn’t have mean strong Cb’s. Like the kid’s league he was in before us.

Horrible but honest .

Quote from Burg “ He’s a natural goal scorer and those are very hard to come by.”
I rewatched Burge’s first interview with Joseph, he said all the right things, but couldn’t back them up.

Some of the quotes from his first interview;

“The clubs obviously in a real good place, and I’m coming in to it in a fortunate position”

And look how that ended

“I’ve done a lot of work in recruitment, which is massive now in management, it impacts in ways that is just so vital, the recruitment side of things”

“The things I learnt from my time under Graham Drury over at Corby, learning how to man manage, learning how to budget manage was vital”

But you ended up overspending on the budget, didn’t really learn anything

“I have got the coaching ability, I have got the qualities that is needed coaching wise, I know I have got the contacts and links recruitment wise”

What contacts were those then?!

“The man management side will now be tested, but I believe I understand how players want to be treated”

Hmm okay then!!

“I think I’ve got a real real strong base of people I can tap in to now, and scouts, agents, football clubs, coaches, managers, players all across the country. Which I think in this type of role as a first team manager is absolutely crucial to develop a football club”

Clearly you didn’t!
This is almost sickening to read now. I said when he was sacked that he'd set the club back years. That was the understatement of the century.

Clearly not the result any of us wanted yesterday and I'm 99.9% certain that's not exactly what Chris would have had in mind for his first game in charge. If there is any positive to take at all, and it's an incredibly small one, it's that he'll have been left knowing in no uncertain terms just how big this job is. He's also had an opportunity to see the players first hand in a match scenario and ultimately, been able to see what we've seen all season.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Hamilton Bunga has just tweeted that he's leaving due to "budget cuts". Gutted we can't keep hold of him but have full faith that the board are doing the right thing.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

No disrespect as seams a nice fella,but Hamilton Bunga is know where near good enough imo.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

gibston wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:10 pm No disrespect as seams a nice fella,but Hamilton Bunga is know where near good enough imo.
No he's not, probably step 4 level but ironically he was our best centre half
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

YoungDiamond wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:45 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:04 pm
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:44 pm Did hughes's goal yesterday make him top scorer with 3 Or dud he join a list of players on 2? Still pretty terrible at this stage of the season, scored less than we've played and the worst goal difference by some distance. Also, how many players have we used this season? Must close to 40 and if we bring 7 or 8 in, close to 50. Quite unbelievable stats!
Hughes is on 2 with others. We don’t have anyone who has scored more than 2 this season so far . Terrible stats

I swear we set the new record of goals conceded in this league before yesterdays game too…. and only 23 played Anyone confirm?
Miguel has 3 goals
Correct Miguel not showing on Flashscore . 3 goals is still terrible lol
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:15 am I would not be unhappy to see the return of some of last seasons squad. I'm thinking Akubine, FBT and Tshkuna and ASAP Hicks. I know many rave about Tee but the admittedly few times I have seen him he achieves very little, runs into dead ends and rarely makes a pass. Obviously we need Snedker and I would keep Hughes but not one other of the defence would be a great loss. Fossen is potentially OK but how will we know if he never plays. Just how long does a wrist injury take to mend? (genuine question). Ngwa and Kanga have some good days, so keep them. O Connor and Manangu are only there to make up the numbers. I still think Cooper given a run in the team with decent players alongside him will come good. Corden and White with the returnees i mentioned I would also keep but not necessarily play at the same time. It all adds up to a massive clear out over the next couple of months or sooner.
Agree with comments about Tee. Maybe a better player with better players around him but his wages could be put to much better use at the moment. Anybody else feel that Eniola would be better as a winger? Fast, quick feet just can't defend very well
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

ParcelFace wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:04 pm Hamilton Bunga has just tweeted that he's leaving due to "budget cuts". Gutted we can't keep hold of him but have full faith that the board are doing the right thing.
Well I was really impressed with him when he came in, the leadership he showed coming into the squad and he appeared to be what our struggling defence needed, but sadly some calamitous mistakes from him and even if the damage was mainly done in the second half yesterday I still thought was poor and no wonder he came off at half time. Good luck to him, but not a huge loss tbh, especially if it is freeing up the budget.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308