Lost [ Sat 12th Nov ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: [ Sat 12th Nov ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by sussexdiamond »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:55 pm Results not great elsewhere. Based on the points target given I make it that if we don’t win the next 3 games the points target can’t be reached. I expect wheels in motion of a new manager (as soon as the board can) the moment points are dropped in the next 3 games.
Tbh. I think there is very little chance of RM being replaced anytime soon. Certainly not whilst we do not have a functioning board and results whilst still disappointing, the score lines and performances are much improved on the dross served up by Burgess. Overall RM is doing a good job despite the circumstances surrounding his appointment.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

I’ve stayed off this forum because frankly it’s been a depressing place to visit - but the lads were so unlucky today - a great second half performance, a dubious penalty in my opinion but I was the wrong end of the ground so couldn’t really see - but a gnats fart away from getting a positive result.

It will change, I’m keeping the faith and refuse to be drawn into the negativity of so many on here - stop wishing for Richard to fail, get behind him and the lads, we’re in this still, not cut adrift, no need to keep dragging things down!

Yes we’re in a precarious position, I’m not a fool - but stop being bloody negative all the time! Have a bit of belief ffs!!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

The simple matter is the managers position can not last. We have a hugely divided fanbase due to it and the only way that can change is a change with the manager. I know of many fans staying away, I know of at least 8 who would have gone normally today. The board made it quite clear of the points target given to the manager and the reasons behind it. Failure to act with on this when the points can’t be achieved would go against everything that was said at the EGM and destroy any hope of believing what is being said. If you honestly think this can be fixed without anything other than a change of managed we have no hope.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:53 pm
fentiger79 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:55 pm Results not great elsewhere. Based on the points target given I make it that if we don’t win the next 3 games the points target can’t be reached. I expect wheels in motion of a new manager (as soon as the board can) the moment points are dropped in the next 3 games.
Tbh. I think there is very little chance of RM being replaced anytime soon. Certainly not whilst we do not have a functioning board and results whilst still disappointing, the score lines and performances are much improved on the dross served up by Burgess. Overall RM is doing a good job despite the circumstances surrounding his appointment.
We won against a 10 man kings Langley, we get battered most games, Sneds is keeping us in nearly every game. The new manager bounce should be much better than 4 points in the last 7 games. Let’s not be afraid to say the difficult things and get real.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times

Post by Pigman »

I believe in supporting the manager and team we have in place no matter what - we have vastly different ideas of supporting a football team if you don’t - I have faith in the board to make the right decisions at the right time, but the current incumbent of the managers role, and the team, have always had, and have, my 100% support at all times! That’s where we differ! I’ll go to games and support the lads no matter what happens - to not do that in my opinion makes people a fair weather supporter! It’s easy to support a team when things are going well, to stamp your feet like a petulant child and not go, to withdraw financial support when the club needs it isn’t support IMO!

Time for me to go again and leave you to wallow in your negative fest I guess! I’ll be at Hayden Rd next Saturday, and at Rushall - will you? Divided support? Only because some people have no backbone - real supporters get behind their team through thick and thin, no matter what! I seem to be in the minority these days, but that’s what I do! Signing off again for a few weeks! Some fans leave me lost for words and those that know me know that rarely happens! I really shouldn’t come on here when I’ve had a beer!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

That just says that you will accept anything that’s decided for you. Football fans across the world protest when they think certain things are out of order. I along with many others think the current appointment of the manager was totally wrong. By not going doesn’t mean I don’t support the team. I have been supporting them for nearly 40 years, through some dreadful times too. It’s not about negativity, far from it. I left the EGM with extreme positivity and whilst I total disagreed with the appointment of Maxwell the board explained the decision and the criteria that was part of it. That criteria was around a set number of points per games, a total that looks quite unachievable now. This was also the criteria for the decision of Burge getting the sack, one that was agreed by our own current manager. I 100% believe we can get out of this situation but it has to start with the manager being changed. Only then can the fanbase come together as one and move forward, no fragmented support with people not going or withholding lottery money or not wanting to support/volunteer. It makes no odds if we keep playing ok and we should have got something, we need that experienced manager with some experienced contacts as soon as possible. Whilst many people have highlighted concerns around the managers behaviour mine is purely down to what is required to keep us at this level.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

I forgot to add that just by our differing divided opinions on our current status shows that change is needed.
Basil

Post by Basil »

So my question is to fentiger79, you’re clear in your opinions of what’s going wrong at our wonderful club! Have you, or are you prepared to do anything about it? are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is or are you just gonna sit their behind a “keyboard warrior” name and do nothing! You can change the path that our club is currently heading down, but will you???
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

Basil wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:30 pm So my question is to fentiger79, you’re clear in your opinions of what’s going wrong at our wonderful club! Have you, or are you prepared to do anything about it? are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is or are you just gonna sit their behind a “keyboard warrior” name and do nothing! You can change the path that our club is currently heading down, but will you???
100% money where my mouth is.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Conceding early goals needs to stop, that's three games in a row you've been one down before the first ten minutes are up.

Set the stall out early, don't try to play in dangerous places, clear the ball and try to win it back up the field.

Get to fifteen minutes not having conceded and then you can start to try to impose your style on the game.