Lost [ Sat 8th Oct ] v Tamworth FC, KO 3pm FAT3Q HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Re: [ Sat 8th Oct ] v Tamworth FC, KO 3pm FAT3Q HOME

Post by The pressman »

I've been away for a few days so this may have been mentioned already. I am being told that Chris Willmott has quit from his caretaker role - now if true I wonder why that could be!!! If true, has Chris left left his Academy role as well?

I also understand that 2 directors - Maxwell & Stapley - plus U21 coach Howard? took training on Thursday so would suggest that if Chris has left then these 3 maybe in charge tomorrow. The banter between the two dugouts will undoubtedly be more exciting than the game and worth the admission fee alone!

Finally, if my info is correct, then one step 4 manager and a step 5 manager have already been approached re the R&D job.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Evening Chris,

I did NOT take training on Thursday night and am not involved in the management. Please remove those references to me from your post. What you’ve said about me is completely false.
Last edited by Mad Dog on Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

The pressman wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:13 pm I've been away for a few days so this may have been mentioned already. I am being told that Chris Willmott has quit from his caretaker role - now if true I wonder why that could be!!! If true, has Chris left left his Academy role as well?

I also understand that 2 directors - Maxwell & Stapley - plus U21 coach Howard? took training on Thursday so would suggest that if Chris has left then these 3 maybe in charge tomorrow. The banter between the two dugouts will undoubtedly be more exciting than the game and worth the admission fee alone!
Finally, if my info is correct, then one step 4 manager and a step 5 manager have already been approached re the R&D job.
Some of what you have said may be factually incorrect, backed up by the rant that followed🤦‍♂️ However I’m sure it won’t be denied that current managers from lower levels have been approached.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

Brownie wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:02 pm
The pressman wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:13 pm Finally, if my info is correct, then one step 4 manager and a step 5 manager have already been approached re the R&D job.
I’m sure it won’t be denied that current managers from lower levels have been approached.
Chris Nunn? we'll get to chat horses with him :biggrin: I would be more than happy with him!

I'm just relieved that the Poppies haven't sacked Lee Glover, the board here would get him on the blower and offer him the job.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

Always glad to correct any error on my part - so apologies Mad Dog,

As you were so quick to put me right on your attendance at Training last night - (communication is not something we fans associate with R&D directors) - will you now 'put me right' on whether Chris Willmott has quit as Caretaker Manager or not?
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I must be on medication of some sort. I am going for a win on penalties for us today. 🤔
NN10-Nige

Post by NN10-Nige »

Haven not looked forward to a match as much as I am today since the back end of last season, I had forgotten what it was like to be upbeat pre match. COYD.

I imagine T.M will be there singing... 🎵 whatever the board said they didn't mean it... they just want you back for good... want you back... want you back... want you back for good 🎵 ...in the direction of Peaksy.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

NN10-Nige

Post by NN10-Nige »

We played better today, didn't look as unorganised as we have in the last few months, to be fair we have fallen so far that any sign of an improvement is something to build on, the best team won though.

I look at the players in their team and think gosh wouldn't it be amazing if players of that ability every graced Hayden Road in a Diamonds shirt... before realising that we used to actually be able to attract players like that... now we are much more professional and mostly sign players who struggle for game time from clubs in lower leagues.

We'll go again on Tuesday and conceding less than 4 goals would be a sign of improvement, we seriously need a clean sheet just to build some confidence at the back, we have a top keeper who in theory makes it easier for the defence, for me Matthew Lars Fossen is a weak link in our defence, Hamilton Bunga seems more demanding of himself and players around him, we need Bunga to get a few training sessions under his belt and then we should start to see a stronger defence with him in it.
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by smoky »

I thought the team played pretty well today, certainly better than of late.We still desperately need a centre forward and an old experienced head in defence to keep the younger players going when things get tough, oh and a manager would be good.