Someone has to start it

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Someone has to start it

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Trek wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:00 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:36 pm
discodunk wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:21 pm Mangers falling like flies,,,paul cox at boston,ilkeston boss gone,,was it carruthers?trap doors are being oiled :cheesy:
Hednesford started first a week ago , management resigned. Leroy Lita & defender in charge as caretakers
Add Thomas Tuchel to that list. Makes you wonder how Brendan Rodgers manages to survive given Leicester’s dreadful start to the season ?
I’d imagine if he loses the game against Vila he will be gone.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

Trek wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:00 pm Add Thomas Tuchel to that list. Makes you wonder how Brendan Rodgers manages to survive given Leicester’s dreadful start to the season ?

I expected the Tuchel one, every time they have signed a player the photo they release is of the new chairman with the player which is a control freaks way of letting everyone know he will be there longer than all the players/staff etc.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

I cant help but feel we should've had a response by now from the club,or burge about the no show after the game,,does anyone know if burge took training last night???,,,that no communication feeling has reared its head,,,and still no comment about the possibility of board members leaving
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

Via Mark Hedges, it would appear that John Gregory and David Taylor have left the board while Mark has said that he has simply 'stepped aside' - whatever that means.

Having now had the 'rumour' confirmed by one of the parties involved, the question now is why haven't the board issued a statement to that effect. Communication has became a real issue. At the recent AGM, at least one director said this subject would be taken back to the next board meeting to be discussed further.

One other thing, if John Gregory has left the board, who is looking after the monthly lottery? Coincidentally, the last draw should have been drawn on 5/9 but still no results on the OWS.

The reason for Burge's post match no show is still a mystery and I had hoped that this would be rectified at training last night - if he was there.
Deryck
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Deryck »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:11 pm
Trek wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:00 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:36 pm

Hednesford started first a week ago , management resigned. Leroy Lita & defender in charge as caretakers
Add Thomas Tuchel to that list. Makes you wonder how Brendan Rodgers manages to survive given Leicester’s dreadful start to the season ?
I’d imagine if he loses the game against Vila he will be gone.
Maybe a draw and both Rodgers and Gerrard get the flick?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 506
AFCRD_Dan

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

The pressman wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:23 pm Via Mark Hedges, it would appear that John Gregory and David Taylor have left the board while Mark has said that he has simply 'stepped aside' - whatever that means.

Having now had the 'rumour' confirmed by one of the parties involved, the question now is why haven't the board issued a statement to that effect. Communication has became a real issue. At the recent AGM, at least one director said this subject would be taken back to the next board meeting to be discussed further.

One other thing, if John Gregory has left the board, who is looking after the monthly lottery? Coincidentally, the last draw should have been drawn on 5/9 but still no results on the OWS.

The reason for Burge's post match no show is still a mystery and I had hoped that this would be rectified at training last night - if he was there.
Silence on his Twitter as well, hasn’t tweeted anything since the 28th August. Something is going on, as I thought John and Mark would be “lifers”.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

The pressman wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:23 pm Via Mark Hedges, it would appear that John Gregory and David Taylor have left the board while Mark has said that he has simply 'stepped aside' - whatever that means.

Speaking in my capacity as board sympathiser there may be a valid reason why these changes haven't been announced yet. Although if true there are some big shoes to fill there.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
nsman

Post by nsman »

John Dunham has just tweeted that his regular interview & report for the ET this week is with the assistant manager. Ominous.
Terrible problems both on and off the pitch right now. Very worrying.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Mark Hedges and David Taylor were only co-opted Board Members therefore their participation on the Board was at the invitation of last year’s Board and formally ended at the last AGM. I understand David has retained an interest on the ‘New Ground Sub-Committee’.
Not so ominous as it appears.
To summarise our Consitution basically allows for a maximum 8 elected board members and the board have the power to co-opt up to a further 4 members if they have a particular skill set that would be beneficial to the board and this co-option is only for a one year period.
AFCRD_Dan

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

nsman wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:02 pm John Dunham has just tweeted that his regular interview & report for the ET this week is with the assistant manager. Ominous.
Terrible problems both on and off the pitch right now. Very worrying.
I can understand him refusing to speak to the media in a way, he reportedly got abuse shouted at him after the loss on Sunday. As much as we’ve questioned his management skills, shouting abuse at him is totally unacceptable, so his mindset may be if the fans think this or that about me why should I bother.

People will say, well he should be professional and get on with it, but we don’t know what else is going on behind the scenes or in his personal life, he may even be questioning his future at the club.