Someone has to start it

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Someone has to start it

Post by ParcelFace »

I have it as this:
As interim (24/02/22 - 15/04/22)
Played 8, Won 3, Drew 4, Lost 2 (including Hillier Cup)
As permanent (15/04/22 - present)
Played 10, Won 1, Drew 2, Lost 7 (excluding the Hillier Cup result)
Last edited by ParcelFace on Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

Mangers falling like flies,,,paul cox at boston,ilkeston boss gone,,was it carruthers?trap doors are being oiled :cheesy:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

ParcelFace wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:12 pm I have it as this:
As permanent (15-04-22 - present)
So that’s 4 wins in 18 :blink:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:59 pm
ParcelFace wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:12 pm I have it as this:
As permanent (15-04-22 - present)
So that’s 4 wins in 18 :blink:
And his only realistic hope of winning anymore is if he brings in a couple of experienced players, because it's not going to happen with the current set up. Bring in a centre half and striker and you've got something to work with. I reckon he has tried, as this was addressedby burge weeks ago, but hasn't been able to attract anyone. Really should have happened before the fa cup game. Time is running out
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:15 pm I reckon he has tried, as this was addressed by burge weeks ago, but hasn't been able to attract anyone.
Andy Burgess has held roles relating to 'player finding' at several clubs, so if you throw in the fact he brought in modern GPS vests it gives the impression he is a fan of technology,

I think he probably uses those websites where players who become free agents can register their info and advertise themselves to clubs, I know that someone on here posted a link to Matthew Lars Fossen's profile on one of those very sites.

Hopefull those sites will get busy after the football season starts as there will be many players out there who spent the summer on trial but now find themselves without a club.

To me this season has been like a wet train journey, we are on the train, it’s raining, it’s windy and it is horrible, the train is travelling slowly due to the weather but eventually a few miles down the line, the next station lights start to appear and when we arrive there a couple of new players are waiting to join us on our journey, in a nutshell, help is on the way, we just haven't identified it yet.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

NN10-Nige wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:24 pm
Trek wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:33 pm Don’t believe Burge has this aspect of his character which he never demonstrated as a player and he has never previously managed a club on a permanent basis what I can find out.

How could you forget such a thing :shock: a whopping 8 years ago :wink:
Trek wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:56 pm Andy Burgess quits as Barnton's manager.

He spent 5 months in charge of Barnton FC at Step 6 in the North West Counties League and his league stats were: P17 W8 D1 L8.
The NWCL website is the source of these stats.

Barnton announced his resignation on November 8th 2014 which means his last game was a Cheshire Senior Cup Preliminary Round tie at home to Hyde United which they lost 7-1.
Out of interest he appears to have rejoined Barnton as assistant manager in 2016 but left alongside the manager following promotion when the Chairman departed to Widnes FC.
GreekDiamond
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

NN10-Nige wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:43 pm
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:15 pm I reckon he has tried, as this was addressed by burge weeks ago, but hasn't been able to attract anyone.
Hopefull those sites will get busy after the football season starts as there will be many players out there who spent the summer on trial but now find themselves without a club..
Oh no not this mythical tree of players coming down leagues from failed trials, we are 8 weeks into the season, surely we’d of seen a sign of this by now!

Hopefully news of some sort comes out soon :drinks:
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

GreekDiamond wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:42 pm Oh no not this mythical tree of players coming down leagues from failed trials, we are 8 weeks into the season, surely we’d of seen a sign of this by now!

Hopefully news of some sort comes out soon :drinks:

I agree with you, my point was that if we are using sites like that to sign players and we don't have anyone with local football connections then we can only hope that those websites get busy soon, even then though our league position could hamper us, joining a relegation battle isn't the most appealing.

I think those sites are more suited to full time clubs further up the pyramid as with southern league football being part time and most of the players having jobs, I can't imagine them sitting down and whacking their CV into a nationwide database when in terms of being practical they want a club within an hour from home to make getting to training viable.

We need someone with local connections ASAP, be it a new manager, an assistant or someone in a consultancy role, if it's an assistant or a consultant what do we do if they find the players for Andy and then Andy still can't get us winning matches? he had a good squad last season and didn't exactly get the best out of them, we could end up in costly times.

Still, let's get a good atmosphere at Hayden Road on Saturday, pick up 3 points against Bromsgrove Sporting and this time next week we'll be a bit more optimistic.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

discodunk wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:21 pm Mangers falling like flies,,,paul cox at boston,ilkeston boss gone,,was it carruthers?trap doors are being oiled :cheesy:
Hednesford started first a week ago , management resigned. Leroy Lita & defender in charge as caretakers
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

diamondsteve wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:36 pm
discodunk wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:21 pm Mangers falling like flies,,,paul cox at boston,ilkeston boss gone,,was it carruthers?trap doors are being oiled :cheesy:
Hednesford started first a week ago , management resigned. Leroy Lita & defender in charge as caretakers
Add Thomas Tuchel to that list. Makes you wonder how Brendan Rodgers manages to survive given Leicester’s dreadful start to the season ?