Someone has to start it

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Jazzy_10
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: Someone has to start it

Post by Jazzy_10 »

mattparker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:19 pm Embarrassing
Yeah you are.

You’ve literally called out Trek for talking about CW without knowing the full picture. But it’s okay for you to call me a K*ttering bot without knowing me at all? Practice what you preach Matt.

I’ll leave it at that without ruining the thread. Feel free to message me directly if you want to continue this pointless argument.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

mattparker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:28 pm And why would you? You haven’t attended training sessions or even games by the sound of it. Completely ridiculous thing to say frankly, expected better from you
Sorry Matt but it was a serious observation given the club’s dreadful results since his appointment. Chris Willmott whilst clearly someone who Burge respects was engaged in my view because of past association playing for Oxford United. He is an important part of the management set up as Assistant Manager yet since retiring from playing football in 2014 appears not to have been involved in senior mens football and the OWS refers to past experience in Academy/Youth football referring to involvement in Jon Brady’s ‘Back of the Net’ programme. I’m concerned that we have another individual who has no previous coaching/management in men’s football in general and Step 3 level in particular so it’s no wonder that recruitment of these young and inexperienced players has taken the route that has produced just a solitary win in a friendly match with Daventry Town.
I trust I have explained myself.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

Jazzy_10 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:07 pm I’ve been to every game this season.
We badly need more volunteers. Would you be able to help?
Jazzy_10
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Jazzy_10 »

Mad Dog wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:16 pm
Not for match days I’m afraid, I’d rather watch the football. I’d be interested in some non-match day volunteering but I haven’t seen the right role come up yet. Please pop a message through and we can chat about it if you like.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

My thoughts on the manager in a nutshell

He threw away the hard work of Andy Peaks and the squad last season, other fans have also pointed out the team spirit seemed to have sapped away in the final few games, could that be down to poor man management skills?

He showed a total lack of respect for 2 of our key players, one of whom had been here for over 5 years and played over 200 games.

I just can't accept a 41 year old making the comment he made about Liam Dolman's departure, he could have just thanked him for his service and said he would be a big loss, instead he made a classless comment which speaks volumes about his mindset, I think that in itself raises a concern about his man management skills.

In his interviews his body language just has miserable bugger written all over it, the stuff he says lacks passion, sorry to mention man management again but there's nothing in his interviews that makes me think corr this guy will really fire up and motivate the players when he walks into the dressing room.

So in my own opinion, I feel that Andy Burgess is simply not the right fit for the club and my opinion is based purely on him as a manager and from while he has been here in a management capacity.

I know we need a striker and a couple more experienced heads across the park but I'm not seeing a battling team spirit starting to shine through, I'm seeing a team who once we fall behind look lost for ideas.

I'm not calling for him to be sacked, everyone deserves a fair chance to succeed at their job and 10 league games is probably a reasonable threshold to judge on if there are any signs of improvement.
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

Jazzy_10 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:47 pm
Mad Dog wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:16 pm
Not for match days I’m afraid, I’d rather watch the football. I’d be interested in some non-match day volunteering but I haven’t seen the right role come up yet. Please pop a message through and we can chat about it if you like.
Unfortunately it’s matchdays where we need volunteers the most at the moment. Without those volunteers we won’t be able to put on any matches.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

I have to say that it is not all about Burge, the board must take some responsibility for the position we find ourselves in on and off the pitch.

To say the least, the club have had a bad week:-

1. We've been kicked out of the County Cup due to an ineligible player. No reason given! Rumours suggest that it was due to overseas clearance.
2. Rumours that 2 directors have left the board have not been denied. Both John Gregory and Mark Hedges do not appear on the club officials listing recently updated. If they have gone then then this needs to be communicated - communication not being one of the boards good points!
3. The FA cup defeat at Enfield - same level as Biff Carlin's Cogenhoe - was a must win tie. defeat was bad enough but the potential loss of income was equally disappointing.
4. There was more than one media team member there yesterday yet no twitter feed again for the third time this season. This is the responsibility of the Director of Media.
5. The board keep on referring to 'professionalism' and yet there was no post match interview with Burge. Totally 'unprofessional' The Football Liaison Officer - is he still around? - and/or Director of Media should have made this happen - the fans deserved better. Peaksy would never have ducked a post match interview and I've done plenty with him when times were hard!

Mad Dog asks for more volunteers. I can tell you from first hand experience Scott that if you treat them with respect and dignity then you might get them but from what I've seen, interference, poor communication and poor man management is costing the club dear. The previous management team would fully support me on this.
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

Trek wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:58 pm
mattparker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:28 pm And why would you? You haven’t attended training sessions or even games by the sound of it. Completely ridiculous thing to say frankly, expected better from you
Sorry Matt but it was a serious observation given the club’s dreadful results since his appointment. Chris Willmott whilst clearly someone who Burge respects was engaged in my view because of past association playing for Oxford United. He is an important part of the management set up as Assistant Manager yet since retiring from playing football in 2014 appears not to have been involved in senior mens football and the OWS refers to past experience in Academy/Youth football referring to involvement in Jon Brady’s ‘Back of the Net’ programme. I’m concerned that we have another individual who has no previous coaching/management in men’s football in general and Step 3 level in particular so it’s no wonder that recruitment of these young and inexperienced players has taken the route that has produced just a solitary win in a friendly match with Daventry Town.
I trust I have explained myself.
Your original post talked only about Chris’s lack of vocals on the touchline, hence my challenge. Having worked a little with Chris recently I’ve been impressed, I’m sure you will be in time.
Mad Dog

Post by Mad Dog »

The pressman wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:50 pm
Mad Dog asks for more volunteers. I can tell you from first hand experience Scott that if you treat them with respect and dignity then you might get them but from what I've seen, interference, poor communication and poor man management is costing the club dear. The previous management team would fully support me on this.

To my knowledge Chris there are no issues with our media guys, who are a great set of volunteers. Please find me in person and we can have a conversation (I’m surprised you’ve not before). Incidentally I have tried to do Twitter commentary myself on a number of times however it isn’t very good. We want to improve the media and we are genuinely trying.

Some of you post does come across as a bit too personal. I try to do my best for the Club and give my time where I can even though it feels like a second job at times. Yeah I’ll get things wrong and have, who hasn’t? We all may disagree on certain things but I hope there’s an understanding that we’re genuinely trying to do what we each believe is best for the club
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

I never said that there is any issue with the media guys who, as you say, are a fine bunch of volunteers. I was referring to the way the club is in general.
My comments about volunteers still stand!