Someone has to start it

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Someone has to start it

Post by Trek »

On the basis that he needs to be in Northants on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and of course Saturdays
What does he do the rest of the week - Man City Under 9/10’s Academy has previously been mentioned and his parents live close to Rushden? Presumably this was all discussed in length with him by the Board when giving him a year’s contract? This can all affect how he performs his role and needs consideration.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

I think we should be a bit more cautious. Results aren't what we want and we're in a place we really don't want to be, but maybe we should keep it football related rather than calling into question how content his wife is and how much time he's managing to spend with his kids.

None of us want to be in this situation, and that includes Andy Burgess. But if we flip some of the above dialogue on its head, here's a bloke willing to commute that sort of distance on a regular basis to manage a team that he holds a massive affection for. Burge clearly loves the club and no doubt he's hurting just as much with recent results as we are, if not more.
Not doing the post match interview doesn't read well, and I reckon in the cold light of day Burgess will know that, but calling his marriage and parenting into question on a public forum is a little bit overboard.

And to think I used to be one of the negative ones on here ...
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

Trek wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:33 pm Don’t believe Burge has this aspect of his character which he never demonstrated as a player and he has never previously managed a club on a permanent basis what I can find out.

How could you forget such a thing :shock: a whopping 8 years ago :wink:
Trek wrote: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:56 pm Andy Burgess quits as Barnton's manager.

He spent 5 months in charge of Barnton FC at Step 6 in the North West Counties League and his league stats were: P17 W8 D1 L8.
The NWCL website is the source of these stats.

Barnton announced his resignation on November 8th 2014 which means his last game was a Cheshire Senior Cup Preliminary Round tie at home to Hyde United which they lost 7-1.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

rdusher wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:43 pm I think we should be a bit more cautious. Results aren't what we want and we're in a place we really don't want to be, but maybe we should keep it football related rather than calling into question how content his wife is and how much time he's managing to spend with his kids.

None of us want to be in this situation, and that includes Andy Burgess. But if we flip some of the above dialogue on its head, here's a bloke willing to commute that sort of distance on a regular basis to manage a team that he holds a massive affection for. Burge clearly loves the club and no doubt he's hurting just as much with recent results as we are, if not more.
Not doing the post match interview doesn't read well, and I reckon in the cold light of day Burgess will know that, but calling his marriage and parenting into question on a public forum is a little bit overboard.

And to think I used to be one of the negative ones on here ...
No-one as far as I can see is calling his marriage into question, and shouldn't, but it shows how much he wants the job - no-one is going to do that without real desire. But that is his decision which I respect.

Just a couple of experienced players could change things quickly. But time is of the essence ...... the spiral downwards can be hard to stop it it goes too far.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

GreekDiamond wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:16 am
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:35 am
diamondsteve wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:30 am Eagerly waiting for the resignation today…………
The fact he didn’t appear for an interview after the game yesterday was very telling.
Not a great showing of professionalism was it :laugh:
His assistant didn’t even do it in his place
Probably didn’t want to after the abuse that he got after the game, but like others have said we probably wouldn’t have missed much as his interviews after games have been grim.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

Not sure what Chris Willmot brings to the party?
And why would you? You haven’t attended training sessions or even games by the sound of it. Completely ridiculous thing to say frankly, expected better from you
Jazzy_10
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Jazzy_10 »

mattparker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:28 pm

Not sure what Chris Willmot brings to the party?

And why would you? You haven’t attended training sessions or even games by the sound of it. Completely ridiculous thing to say frankly, expected better from you
Do you only turn up to have a pop at someone on here?

Whatever CW brings to the table, and quite frankly whatever anyone else who’s been part of the football operation so far this season brings to the table, can be questioned. Bottom of the league, out of 2 cups, it stinks!!!
mattparker

Post by mattparker »

I’m not having a pop at anyone and even I was Treks big enough and ugly enough to speak for himself and doesn’t need a K*ttering Bot to fight his battles for him
Jazzy_10
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Jazzy_10 »

mattparker wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 5:52 pm I’m not having a pop at anyone and even I was Treks big enough and ugly enough to speak for himself and doesn’t need a K*ttering Bot to fight his battles for him
I’ve been to every game this season. Pretty cheap insult but I’m not surprised considering you sound like a massive tw@.

People like you are the reason the fanbase isn’t growing.
mattparker

Post by mattparker »

Embarrassing