Someone has to start it

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Someone has to start it

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

diamondsteve wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:30 am Eagerly waiting for the resignation today…………
The fact he didn’t appear for an interview after the game yesterday was very telling.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

diamondsteve wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:30 am Eagerly waiting for the resignation today…………
Obviously there is a possibility of this happening with his lack of urgency on the touchline and no post match interview. But if he was to leave, who do we get in? Would anybody want to leave a current post and who would be capable making a step up from a lower division? If you appointed an out of a job manager, you might ask yourself, why are they unattached? Many points to consider
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:35 am
The fact he didn’t appear for an interview after the game yesterday was very telling.
Not a great showing of professionalism was it :laugh:
His assistant didn’t even do it in his place
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by smoky »

I don't wish to say I told you so but I did point out Burges lack of positive talk at his interviews was not good for the dressing room or the fans.My suggestion was for burge to go into a assistant capacity and to get someone in with experience and he could then learn from them,it has to happen sooner rather than later as the gap could get unsurmountable.
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

I did suggest yesterday someone like Mike Ford (ex Banbury Manager) who was brought in to help Ricky M at St Ives to survive relegation when they were struggling last season and knows this division well. Just like Lamby he’s out on the touch line and constantly verbally motivating the players which was very evident when they beat us at the end of last season. I’m not suggesting Burge should be removed as manager at present if we can get some experience of this type in the Club.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Trek wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:42 am I did suggest yesterday someone like Mike Ford (ex Banbury Manager) who was brought in to help Ricky M at St Ives to survive relegation when they were struggling last season and knows this division well. Just like Lamby he’s out on the touch line and constantly verbally motivating the players which was very evident when they beat us at the end of last season. I’m not suggesting Burge should be removed as manager at present if we can get some experience of this type in the Club.
I think that’s a good idea, isn’t Ford at Kidlington now though, and I can’t think of another name.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
GreekDiamond

Post by GreekDiamond »

Would love to know if that Ricky was ever approached or showed interest in being our manager at the end of last season with the difference in where both teams were. Obviously he won’t now with us where we are and St Ives flying. But I’ve always rated him and in the majority has always had our number when we’ve come up against his sides.
Trek

Post by Trek »

bozzer wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:48 am
Trek wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:42 am I did suggest yesterday someone like Mike Ford (ex Banbury Manager) who was brought in to help Ricky M at St Ives to survive relegation when they were struggling last season and knows this division well. Just like Lamby he’s out on the touch line and constantly verbally motivating the players which was very evident when they beat us at the end of last season. I’m not suggesting Burge should be removed as manager at present if we can get some experience of this type in the Club.
I think that’s a good idea, isn’t Ford at Kidlington now though, and I can’t think of another name.
Unsure about Ford’s current situation, Chris Nunn is another experienced man at our level who I understand was interested in the managerial vacancy in February.. Don’t believe Burge has this aspect of his character which he never demonstrated as a player and he has never previously managed a club on a permanent basis what I can find out. Don’t forget Peaks was a quiet individual as a manager during the game but recognised the need to have a ‘mouth’ as his assistant. Not sure what Chris Willmot brings to the party? This group of players from all accounts appear to be competitive for the first 60 minutes and seem to run out of steam which indicates a lack of game management. I listened to the commentary on Radio Diamonds and they were even debating about whether to stick with the draw and get Enfield back at Hayden Road. This is where our players need help from the touchline.
Trek

Post by Trek »

GreekDiamond wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:53 am Would love to know if that Ricky was ever approached or showed interest in being our manager at the end of last season with the difference in where both teams were. Obviously he won’t now with us where we are and St Ives flying. But I’ve always rated him and in the majority has always had our number when we’ve come up against his sides.
Ricky M lives in St Ives and to manage Huntingdon Town and St.Ives was very convenient for him as a part time manager. Considerably different to cutting a groove in the M6 from the Merseyside area. I honestly don’t know how Burge manages it and he must be on a good wedge to even afford/cover the fuel costs which must be considerable. He must also have a very understanding wife.
Diamond_ Wolf
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Diamond_ Wolf »

Trek wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:39 pm
GreekDiamond wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:53 am Would love to know if that Ricky was ever approached or showed interest in being our manager at the end of last season with the difference in where both teams were. Obviously he won’t now with us where we are and St Ives flying. But I’ve always rated him and in the majority has always had our number when we’ve come up against his sides.
Ricky M lives in St Ives and to manage Huntingdon Town and St.Ives was very convenient for him as a part time manager. Considerably different to cutting a groove in the M6 from the Merseyside area. I honestly don’t know how Burge manages it and he must be on a good wedge to even afford/cover the fuel costs which must be considerable. He must also have a very understanding wife.

My thoughts entirely. He’s also got a few young ish kids I believe so how he is able to get any balance when it comes to family/ work/ football I’ll never know. Obviously we wouldn’t be talking about this if we weren’t in the current predicament however we are and surely his location must be a hindrance.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56