Someone has to start it

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Someone has to start it

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

davealbon wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:13 pm
SimonHillington9 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:34 pm
davealbon wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:12 pm

As has already been pointed out, we didn't spend money on the GPS vests instead of a new striker. Criticise the recruitment, tactics etc, but what you're suggesting is simply not true.
Do we have a GPS vest fund that can only be spent on vests and nothing else? If new manager didn’t want them would we just have money sitting there doing sod all like player lottery fund?

I’m sure players have been ruled out on cost, and not making a big spend on the vests could’ve helped
One day, when you've grown up a bit, you might understand how a budget works. We have a wage budget which determines how much we can spend on player wages. I don't know for sure, but I'd imagine we're not spending our maximum weekly budget currently - it would be very concerning if we are.

Moreover, as you've already pointed out, we have a pot of lottery money sat there not being fully utilised, so if the right player became available I'm sure we would use this fulfil his wage demands, as we have done to keep Sneds and no doubt sign one or two others.

The GPS vests are no more a cause of our recruitment problems than the amount spent on pitch maintenance.
Well they are as pitch costs have to be paid while the vests don't. But let's not get too involved in that .... the problems are clear.

I am not one to say he should be sacked, but it needs turning round quickly. We have lost so much experience and it hasn't been replaced. We need someone up front with a Tom Lorraine attitude - have to say that at first I didn't rate him, but happy to hold my hands up and say I was wrong.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

GreekDiamond wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:10 pm
bozzer wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:39 pm
SimonHillington9 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:34 pm

Do we have a GPS vest fund that can only be spent on vests and nothing else? If new manager didn’t want them would we just have money sitting there doing sod all like player lottery fund?

I’m sure players have been ruled out on cost, and not making a big spend on the vests could’ve helped
How much do you think these vests costs?
Say they are £1000 that’s £25 a week over the season if they have indeed come off the budget and I would be very surprised if they have. Even at twice that it’s not the cost of a striker.

THE VESTS ARENT THE PROBLEM!!!

We need some experienced men and a striker for this level!
Well considering, let’s say we have 15 vests… there’s the vest, the gps device and then a ‘subscription’ to activate said device to use it to its potential. Total starting cost for that is £5,500. Plus the yearly subscription we have to continue paying to make them work. Do you really think that’s the best use of that £5.5k, because I don’t for a team in complete rebuild that could of benefitted from it.
I don’t think they are anywhere near that cost, but say they are if you get those 15 players to improve on average an equivalent of £10 per player then they pay for themselves!

They aren’t the reason we have lost 5 games out of 7. As Dave says I’d be amazed if we were using all the budget at the moment, and there is also a lottery pot to be able to use.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

bozzer wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:49 pm
GreekDiamond wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:10 pm
bozzer wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:39 pm

How much do you think these vests costs?
Say they are £1000 that’s £25 a week over the season if they have indeed come off the budget and I would be very surprised if they have. Even at twice that it’s not the cost of a striker.

THE VESTS ARENT THE PROBLEM!!!

We need some experienced men and a striker for this level!
Well considering, let’s say we have 15 vests… there’s the vest, the gps device and then a ‘subscription’ to activate said device to use it to its potential. Total starting cost for that is £5,500. Plus the yearly subscription we have to continue paying to make them work. Do you really think that’s the best use of that £5.5k, because I don’t for a team in complete rebuild that could of benefitted from it.
I don’t think they are anywhere near that cost, but say they are if you get those 15 players to improve on average an equivalent of £10 per player then they pay for themselves!

They aren’t the reason we have lost 5 games out of 7. As Dave says I’d be amazed if we were using all the budget at the moment, and there is also a lottery pot to be able to use.
I’m not saying they are why we’ve lost 5/7. I’ve said we need a more senior striker and others for the team. I am just highlighting the cost of something burgess has brought in that in my opinion is unnecessary for the situation our squad is in.

And sadly yes it is that much, a little less might I add. But still 5k+. We are using a gps tech called catapult and the below is straight from their website.

Calculated on 15 players:

The membership includes the vest and pod as a “starter pack” so 1 player membership (vest, pod and activation of the pod) is £170. 2 year minimum commitment is £340 per player. So cost for 15 players is £5,100 over 2 years for everything.

To continue using the pods the club will have to continue paying £2550 yearly starting on the 3rd year.
bozzer
Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by bozzer »

£5100 over 2 years, so £2550 this year!

So if we had 2/3 senior players in and we were winning these games,then all the young prospects improved over the season, then potentially we could have had players who are playing at less than they would cost if we had brought them in to the club.

Tell you what if/when we get these 2/3 players in and the likes of lashley, Davies, Evan, Jesse, jenson etc haven’t all improved, I will whole heartedly agree,

I’m not saying these are a magic bullet but they aren’t the reason we are where we are, realistically we can’t go and get the best players in step 3 so we have to do what Brentford have done and get decent prospects in and develop them.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Jazzy_10
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Jazzy_10 »

fentiger79 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:29 pm We need at least 3 decent players, that’s 200-300 per player.
Top players in the league are earning triple this. Probably looking at 400-500 per player to get someone of quality in
mattparker
Has Liked: 43 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

We can’t afford to pay top earner wages so anything that adds to the professionalism and fitness of our players is a huge bonus. I’m sure the players, who want to improve and progress, will see the value of the vests and help keep players committed to their development. You might not like the use of tech and see it as unnecessary and modern but welcome to the 21st century
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

mattparker wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:19 pm We can’t afford to pay top earner wages so anything that adds to the professionalism and fitness of our players is a huge bonus. I’m sure the players, who want to improve and progress, will see the value of the vests and help keep players committed to their development. You might not like the use of tech and see it as unnecessary and modern but welcome to the 21st century
Not sure anyone is against using modern methods, but I think the question Being asked is as to whether it's necessary at this level.

I have no clear opinion on it if I am honest - great if it improves us.

At the moment whether we need it or not is far from the biggest of our problems, rather it is how we get ourselves out of this predicament.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

sorry ,,can we get back to the topic and not how much blah blah blah,,,,,,get rid of the stupid things ,that would be one thing less burge has to look at,,,i heard a wisper that some of the senior players left because of these ,along with diet sheets,,,,,at this level we dont need to be dragging ourselves into the 21st century,,,give me goals and a half decent kick about and i will gladly pay my 11 quid,,,,,but at the minute i have to say im not fussed about attending(although i have),,,ive watched rushden and higham a couple of times ,,more passion,more fighting for each other,more talking/shouting/guiding each other,,,,,and deffo more leadership from the bench,,,,ive said it a few times now about burge sitting in the dug out,,,i even had a pop at him at st ives(wouldnt like to be in the dressing room listening to his rally cry,,,st ives first have was very good,,secound half was shit) getting back to when peaksey and the team were struggling at the beginning of last season,it was still a decent team from the season before and just needed tweeking (by the way,the last game of the season,nuneaton,during the game,they were playing ,,,pass the pound,everytime a player touches the ball he has to pass the pound on to a fellow player),,,,,nothing like this,,,,,each player we have now is ok/good,,no real bad individuals ,,,,just cant play together for a full 90 mins,,,they have spells,,,,
i was confused at burge being appointed in the first place ,,but because we were in a strong position in the playoffs i thought,what the hell,give him a go.......then it all imploded
then i was stunned when he was given a year,,,,,
we have gone along for a few years in a bubble,,its been nice,,,won a few promotions,won a few cups,,,,,i cant help but feel its all turning bitter,,,,
some people have a lot of decision making,this week,whether its the board or managment......FED UP WITH IT ALL NOW !!!!(sorry for any spelling mistakes or bad punctuation,carent be arsed to correct) :lazy:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

discodunk wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:25 pm sorry ,,can we get back to the topic and not how much blah blah blah,,,,,,get rid of the stupid things ,that would be one thing less burge has to look at,,,i heard a wisper that some of the senior players left because of these ,along with diet sheets,,,,,at this level we dont need to be dragging ourselves into the 21st century,,,give me goals and a half decent kick about and i will gladly pay my 11 quid,,,,,but at the minute i have to say im not fussed about attending(although i have),,,ive watched rushden and higham a couple of times ,,more passion,more fighting for each other,more talking/shouting/guiding each other,,,,,and deffo more leadership from the bench,,,,ive said it a few times now about burge sitting in the dug out,,,i even had a pop at him at st ives(wouldnt like to be in the dressing room listening to his rally cry,,,st ives first have was very good,,secound half was shit) getting back to when peaksey and the team were struggling at the beginning of last season,it was still a decent team from the season before and just needed tweeking (by the way,the last game of the season,nuneaton,during the game,they were playing ,,,pass the pound,everytime a player touches the ball he has to pass the pound on to a fellow player),,,,,nothing like this,,,,,each player we have now is ok/good,,no real bad individuals ,,,,just cant play together for a full 90 mins,,,they have spells,,,,
i was confused at burge being appointed in the first place ,,but because we were in a strong position in the playoffs i thought,what the hell,give him a go.......then it all imploded
then i was stunned when he was given a year,,,,,
we have gone along for a few years in a bubble,,its been nice,,,won a few promotions,won a few cups,,,,,i cant help but feel its all turning bitter,,,,
some people have a lot of decision making,this week,whether its the board or managment......FED UP WITH IT ALL NOW !!!!(sorry for any spelling mistakes or bad punctuation,carent be arsed to correct) :lazy:
I do actually agree with you, I did wonder myself if players left because of the tech, diet etc. At this level players just want to play football, I doubt they’re interested in a management team who analyse their every move on the pitch, and whatever else these tech vests do. Obviously Peaks would have looked at the video of games, and advised players, but wouldn’t have gone to that extreme.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Eagerly waiting for the resignation today…………