[ Sat 11th Sep ] v Nuneaton Borough, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: [ Sat 11th Sep ] v Nuneaton Borough, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by sussexdiamond »

That was our first away win since end of January 2020. Ben Farrell last min penalty somewhere. Oh yes I remember. It was at Nuneaton. Can we play you every week😁
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Much better and more decisive performance today. Snedkers quality on show again (thank goodness) more of the same Tuesday at Needham! less work for Sneds tho please
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

Well that was a very welcome 3 points and hopefully the start of things to come.

This was a team performance with everybody playing their part but special mention to the defencew with Collard and Casey superb throughout.

Jones was absoluteluy immense up front - cant wait to see him play with Smith once he is able to return to training.

Williams was an absolute class act again today while substitute Diamond played in a more natural position winning the game for us 6 minutes afte coming on.

But for all the positives today - and there were many - 2 final points on a very encouraging afternoon.

Firstly the away support was absolutely superb, great to hear and readily acknowledged by the management team after the game. It really did help and we need more of the same during our next home game.

And finally, if any of you didnt attend the game today, make sure you get to see Dean Snedkers 'world class' save from Leoy Lita on 58 minutes. And I mean wold class! Undoubtedly the best keeper the reformed club have ever had and long may he continue with us.

Well done to one and all!
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

bozzer wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:32 pm Where is everyone hammering the team tonight?
People only hammer the team when there's just cause. Great win today and great to come away feeling positive after a game. I'm first to criticise Peaks when he gets it wrong, but he had it spot on today. The midfield was so much stronger with Dias and Williams, and Collard being back really tightened the defence. Timing of Diamond in for Gyasi was spot on aswell. Joel played well today, but I think his race was run and it was refreshing to see an earlier substitute than we're used to.

First half, I didn't think we were in the game at all, Nuneaton's passing play looked very slick and their number 6 completely dominated in the middle. They didn't carve out too many real clear chances, but we're by far the better side.

Second half though, whatever Peaksy said to them really made impact. We came out a completely different side and looked really positive. Will Jones was fantastic, Nathan looked great on the wing. MOTM today has to be Collard. Clear to see that as well as being rock solid himself, he brought up the levels of the rest of the guys playing at the back with him.

It wasn't the greatest football we'll ever play, but we really battled for that, and I think we thoroughly deserved the win. Team looked really together both when we scored and when the final whistle (eventually) went.

Thought the referees were pretty atrocious today. The linesman must have wrongly flagged Will Jones 3 or 4 times, the debacle with the drop ball after it hit the ref, and how the linesman didn't flag for the keepers clear assault on Jones, absolute jokes.

Our support from the terrace today was immaculate also.

Great win today, and so refreshing to come away happy, but one swallow doesn't make a summer, and the real kick start will be capitalising on it if we take points from the next two, very winnable, games.
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Credit where it’s due, Peaks and co got it right today. Good line up and nice early change with Diamond.
As others have said Collard made a massive difference at the back and Williams, Dias and Jesse look a great midfield trio.
Sends: wow. Just wow that save was something else
And Will Jones is my hero
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

The result was obviously great, but for me it was the general improvement in performance that made today so enjoyable. My concerns recently haven't been about the results, it's been the performances and the way we've been playing. Today we can't have many complaints.

I last saw the team against Bromsgrove and honestly, it was like watching a different team. The spine of the team looked so much more solid and the introduction of Jay Williams in there has really added a bit of steel. Dias, who I haven't been convinced with yet (although I think that's more to do with the red flag of him having had 15 clubs by the age of 26) looked comfortable alongside him. Casey and Collard were superb and the one time they were breached, Snedker stepped up. A great save, but let's not go on like he was overworked today.

Tshikuna looking increasingly like our dangerman this season with his unconventional style, I really like him, and I'm sure Will Jones will sleep well tonight after that shift.

The fans were superb today and it makes a huge difference, you could tell it was driving the team on to a deserved 3 points. We need to back it up with a similar performance on Tuesday night against Needham, who are bottom of the table but picked up a credible 3-3 draw at Banbury today.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

Easton Diamond
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Easton Diamond »

Fantastic response from the team after a chastening defeat last weekend. Having two central defenders who were solid made all the difference yesterday. The midfield had a much better grip on the game too. Will Jones looks like an exciting prospect and has coped well against hardened centre-backs. Jones and Smith up front could be some partnership! Nice to see the excellent vocal support behind the goal from the fans being acknowledged at the end.

Expected more from Nuneaton to be honest but we did a very good job on them. I wonder how much Carl Baker is being paid to play at this level. Overall it was a big improvement so well done to the players and management. Just the boost we all needed to hopefully get our season going!