[ Fri 31st August ] v Tamworth FC, KO 7:45pm ESPC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: [ Fri 31st August ] v Tamworth FC, KO 7:45pm ESPC HOME

Post by bozzer »

What is great this season is as we don’t have the pressure of promotion we can give these players the opportunity and see what they can do, they are going to make mistakes at times but giving them a good run can really help a players development and I think we have seen that with Westy, Clifton and Blaize as well.

Also if you have a look at the Tamworth highlights neither goals we the fault of Westwood.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:01 am Yes Westy has played very well, but his reckless tackles are dangerous to opposition players and foolhardy as we could easily have been down to ten men. Against Biggleswade he was abusive to the ref in the 90th minute and was lucky not to receive red. As I said earlier his time with us was in the balance. If Reynolds had been available Westwood would be history by now . But credit to him he has put in some great performances recently.
To be fair their sub Donnelly pretty much had westy by the throat and threw him to the floor=westy booking!!! So I'm not saying he should abusing the ref at 90min but that will be why!! And let's be honest 80% of players do it....
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

bozzer wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:20 am What is great this season is as we don’t have the pressure of promotion we can give these players the opportunity and see what they can do, they are going to make mistakes at times but giving them a good run can really help a players development and I think we have seen that with Westy, Clifton and Blaize as well.

Also if you have a look at the Tamworth highlights neither goals we the fault of Westwood.
Excatly my point bozzer!! Some fans just use the same certain player to critise. As I said neither goal westy fault,& I'll stick by that he's more than deserved his place upto now. hes a young lad who perhaps needs an arm round him,alot of 18/19 yr olds walk round full of themselves But he always gives 100% & if it means the odd yellow etc then so be it. Also some of the yellow cards handed out (all players) have been awful decisions by busy refs!! I think we've started well & alittle bit more quality in front of goal then we'd have a few more points on board. Up the diamonds
Last edited by gibston on Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

So far it has been a pleasure to watch us this season in the league
AFC R&D Member No. 67
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
Basil

Post by Basil »

:cheesy: Who the hell are Rushend :cheesy:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Tamworth have parted company with their Manager this morning. King’s Lynn did the same yesterday, the final straw being a 2-2 home draw with Step 5 Histon in the Cup on Saturday.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:53 am Tamworth have parted company with their Manager this morning. King’s Lynn did the same yesterday, the final straw being a 2-2 home draw with Step 5 Histon in the Cup on Saturday.
With Darren Byfield leaving Stratford last week, it certainly looks like there is more manager movement at this level - I think we only saw three managers depart in our division in the whole of last season. Stratford don't seem to have announced the Ross Oulton move, and I notice he wasn't on their 18 last Saturday.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Redditch sacked their manager over the weekend, so that's four changes in our league already.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:53 am Tamworth have parted company with their Manager this morning. King’s Lynn did the same yesterday, the final straw being a 2-2 home draw with Step 5 Histon in the Cup on Saturday.
He is new Hereford manager.