[ Fri 31st August ] v Tamworth FC, KO 7:45pm ESPC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Fri 31st August ] v Tamworth FC, KO 7:45pm ESPC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: [ Fri 31st August ] v Tamworth FC, KO 7:45pm ESPC HOME

Post by The Godfather »

It is also 'Tozcam's' Birthday. Hopefully someone at the Club can sort him out to be mascot?
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

A win on Friday would put us into the play off zone!! :clapping:
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

One wonders who will be available for this game. The fact we've used 21 players in the four league games during the month so far must be a record for the club, but it's unclear who is likely to be fit and / or available and / or in favour for this one.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Wouldn't mind playing Friday night again after tonight, 683 (with probably about 100 away fans) is a great crowd for an evening game and it was one of the best atmospheres I think we've had at HR imo. It reminds me of my local club in Wales when I was at uni, Bangor City (who have a similar sized fanbase to us) who would actually get better crowds on Friday nights than on Saturday afternoons, don't know whether the same would be true for us, but I wonder whether it would be worth trying out more Friday night games, even if this one wasn't entirely by choice.

While I think tonight highlighted a number of areas we could do with improvement and I admit I did fear we'd end up conceding a third as we pushed forward instead of getting an equaliser, I'm obviously delighted with the late late equaliser and point against what was a fairly decent team in Tamworth whom I suspect will be a lot higher than they are now as the season goes on. We worked really hard again and I'm delighted that our endeavour paid off and we're 10th after 5 games, 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses, I think we can all be very content with that start to life at step 3 :biggrin:
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I was going to log on this morning and say that we’d lost our third game this season and each time we deserved at least a point. However the late, late goal changed that. It was nice to benefit from one of those - I can’t quickly remember the last one. Tamworth haven’t won an away game since December last year but they won’t come much closer than that.

Great to be playing against clubs like Tamworth on a level playing field and what a difference it makes to the atmosphere with some away support visiting.

The effort and some of the football played was great but there’s still plenty of work to do. I can’t imagine Peaksy will be pleased with how easy it was for Tamworth to score twice.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

My first home game this season and boy isn’t the gulf in quality real! Cannot remember a better team playing against us . Tamworth will be right up there this season but we will too . Such good passing from both teams felt like I was watching a proper game of football at hr, makes us realise how far we have come.

I thought hopkins was unreal tonight so comfortable on the ball under pressure. Westwood has come along way like the way he is dead ball taker. Praise for heath too some top saves maybe 4-5
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

After three games this season Callum Westwood was facing the sack but someone has given him a very stern lecture. I have not been at the last three games but from Radio Diamonds and all accounts he has been transformed. When he first joined he showed tremendous promise but injury and his attitude have held him back but now hopefully we and he can enjoy a successful season.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:23 am After three games this season Callum Westwood was facing the sack but someone has given him a very stern lecture. I have not been at the last three games but from Radio Diamonds and all accounts he has been transformed. When he first joined he showed tremendous promise but injury and his attitude have held him back but now hopefully we and he can enjoy a successful season.
He is great going forward, much in same fashion as old RDFC favourite Tarkan Mustafa, but an area that Callum seriously needs to brush up are his defensive responsibilities as both Tamworth goals last evening came from his area in the six yard box. I also wish he would improve his discipline as his offensive and foul remarks to the linesman late in the second half after he committed a clear foul would have drawn yet another yellow card, or perhaps worse, if they had been directed at the referee.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Trek wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:35 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:23 am After three games this season Callum Westwood was facing the sack but someone has given him a very stern lecture. I have not been at the last three games but from Radio Diamonds and all accounts he has been transformed. When he first joined he showed tremendous promise but injury and his attitude have held him back but now hopefully we and he can enjoy a successful season.
He is great going forward, much in same fashion as old RDFC favourite Tarkan Mustafa, but an area that Callum seriously needs to brush up are his defensive responsibilities as both Tamworth goals last evening came from his area in the six yard box. I also wish he would improve his discipline as his offensive and foul remarks to the linesman late in the second half after he committed a clear foul would have drawn yet another yellow card, or perhaps worse, if they had been directed at the referee.
A modern day full back . Defensive duties are low priority :biggrin: Needs to cut out the attitude though. He’s beginning to be an important player in our attack now with joel. Happy days