[ Fri 13th Jul ] v Newport Pagnell Town, KO 7:30pm PSF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ Fri 13th Jul ] v Newport Pagnell Town, KO 7:30pm PSF AWAY

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:24 am Reynolds played 23 games for Chesham last season.
This is the Zack Reynolds that I referred to in my earlier post. Is it the same player that some fans remember from RDFC Youth days?

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/play ... -reynolds/
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Looks like his defensive duties may be his strong point from that record as hes only scored 14 career goals. Shawn Richards should be a decent replacement for gyasi if he was to sign
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:11 am Looks like his defensive duties may be his strong point from that record as hes only scored 14 career goals. Shawn Richards should be a decent replacement for gyasi if he was to sign
The problem with Shawn Richards is his work rate, or lack thereof. No question about his ability, but I can't see him putting in the effort that Joel and Luke did week in week last season.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

davealbon wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:53 am
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:11 am Looks like his defensive duties may be his strong point from that record as hes only scored 14 career goals. Shawn Richards should be a decent replacement for gyasi if he was to sign
The problem with Shawn Richards is his work rate, or lack thereof. No question about his ability, but I can't see him putting in the effort that Joel and Luke did week in week last season.
No probably not, but the reality is that they have to be replaced. He's definitely one of the better wide players we had previously at the club
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Trek wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:50 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:24 am Reynolds played 23 games for Chesham last season.
This is the Zack Reynolds that I referred to in my earlier post. Is it the same player that some fans remember from RDFC Youth days?

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/play ... -reynolds/

Yes, 110% same player.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:32 pm
davealbon wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:53 am
No probably not, but the reality is that they have to be replaced. He's definitely one of the better wide players we had previously at the club
Agreed, they are the type of players that don't come available to often.
Now we are at step 3 maybe we can even get a loanee in from one of the league clubs.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

What happened to Claudio Hoban? Last thing I heard he re-signed for us but I don't remember seeing him play. He'd be a great option to have at this level.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

ParcelFace wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:42 am What happened to Claudio Hoban?
He played a few matches last October/November but work commitments prevented further involvement with us.