MATCH OFF [ Tue 20th Feb ] v Uxbridge FC, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
therushden
Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Tue 20th Feb ] v Uxbridge FC, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by therushden »

Bugger.
We did have plenty of rain Sunday night and Monday night.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

diamondsteve wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:57 pm Pitch must be sooo bad
Did start to cut up on Sat and with the rain we've recently had, looks like it's failed to hold up.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

As I was leaving the ground on saturday I overheard someone say that if we had ANY rain before Tuesday then the pitch would not be playable. And that's whats happened, although TBH I didn't think we had much rain mostly a slight drizzle. Maybe it rained during the night when I was tucked up and fast asleep.

Oh well maybe Hartley Wintney will drop some points this evening..................if they play!!! HW have already lost twice to Marlow this season (in league and cup.)
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Doesn't even look that bad judging by the picture Jon Dunham shared, unless its worse out of the shot?

Should have got that magic hoover we used at the dog & duck and it would have been playable! :cheesy:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

The picture that Jon Dunham has posted is the one taken the other Saturday when the game was called off an hour or so before kick off.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: MATCH OFF [ Tue 20th Feb ] v Uxbridge FC, KO 7:45pm ESE HOME

Post by Trek »

I guess it will be re-arranged for either 20th or 27th March and I think the firmer pitches will suit our style better. The softer pitches seem to be a leveller. I note that Egham’s match is off tonight and I understand their pitch is not the best so any further rain this week might put Saturday’s match in doubt.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:30 pm As I was leaving the ground on saturday I overheard someone say that if we had ANY rain before Tuesday then the pitch would not be playable. And that's whats happened, although TBH I didn't think we had much rain mostly a slight drizzle. Maybe it rained during the night when I was tucked up and fast asleep.

Oh well maybe Hartley Wintney will drop some points this evening..................if they play!!! HW have already lost twice to Marlow this season (in league and cup.)
Oh not looking likely. HW lead 2-0.
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Trek wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:13 pm I guess it will be re-arranged for either 20th or 27th March and I think the firmer pitches will suit our style better. The softer pitches seem to be a leveller. I note that Egham’s match is off tonight and I understand their pitch is not the best so any further rain this week might put Saturday’s match in doubt.
Why do you say it has to be 20th or 27th of March, can't it be next week, next Tuesday.

I was looking forward to tonight's game, I hope it's the 27th March, hope it's 27th March, or next Tuesday, or in April, (couldn't it be in April)

It's a bummy it was called of today, I think/and hope it will be on the 27th March.

Tough game away to Hartley Wintney on the 24th March, it'll be better to have it after then. :biggrin: also better for the pitch, are ground not to have 2 home games in quick succession.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:08 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:30 pm As I was leaving the ground on saturday I overheard someone say that if we had ANY rain before Tuesday then the pitch would not be playable. And that's whats happened, although TBH I didn't think we had much rain mostly a slight drizzle. Maybe it rained during the night when I was tucked up and fast asleep.

Oh not looking likely. HW lead 2-0.
They just keep winning, as do a few others, the top 4 teams are quite impressive regarding current form, between us a total of 24 games it's 21 wins 1 draw and 2 defeats. Only dropped points being our 0-0 at home to Marlow, Beaconsfield 0-1 at home to Thame and H & Y 0-2 at home to Dunstable. Anyone who things anything is decided in this league or want to predict a finishing order, best of luck.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

mikerd wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:12 am
Trek wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:13 pm I guess it will be re-arranged for either 20th or 27th March and I think the firmer pitches will suit our style better. The softer pitches seem to be a leveller. I note that Egham’s match is off tonight and I understand their pitch is not the best so any further rain this week might put Saturday’s match in doubt.
Why do you say it has to be 20th or 27th of March, can't it be next week, next Tuesday.

I was looking forward to tonight's game, I hope it's the 27th March, hope it's 27th March, or next Tuesday, or in April, (couldn't it be in April)

It's a bummy it was called of today, I think/and hope it will be on the 27th March.

Tough game away to Hartley Wintney on the 24th March, it'll be better to have it after then. :biggrin: also better for the pitch, are ground not to have 2 home games in quick succession.
Not sure that Uxbridge will be too keen to play on 20th or 27th of March as that would give them a sequence of games v Cambridge City, Diamonds and Hayes whichever date is chosen. And of course we might prefer not to play on either of those dates as we face Hartley Wintney on the 24th and Beaconsfield on the 31st. Lets lobby for an April date!!!