[ Sat 27th Jan ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 27th Jan ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: [ Sat 27th Jan ] v Moneyfields FC, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by Brownie »

Given the forecast for Portsmouth area over next few days this is another one probably in doubt, will need an early inspection and more rain on Saturday so I’m already expecting the worst.
I think they are looking forward to welcoming us as official Twitter feed last Saturday had “only 7 days to go 👊👊” or perhaps it’s something else they are eagerly awaiting this weekend.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Brownie wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:43 pm Given the forecast for Portsmouth area over next few days this is another one probably in doubt, will need an early inspection and more rain on Saturday so I’m already expecting the worst.
I think they are looking forward to welcoming us as official Twitter feed last Saturday had “only 7 days to go 👊👊” or perhaps it’s something else they are eagerly awaiting this weekend.
I am currently in Eastbourne, not so far along the coast from Portsmouth, and have been for the past week and it has rained hard every day and as I write it is absolutely teeming down. We need to pray very hard for some strong drying winds and some sunshine over the next couple of days or will face a long midweek trip later in the season.

I also saw that tweet so maybe they do have something in mind for us. I think both sides were very upset (to put it mildly) after that previous encounter and our players will need to be mindful that some Moneyfields players will want to revisit some old sores. So strong words from Peaksy about keeping a clear head will not go amiss. Since playing us they have nosedived, I think it is just 2 wins in the last 10 games and their promotion hopes are rapidly disappearing :fool: Although they still have a decent home record so we must take nothing for granted.

Looking at the Moneyfields starting X1 last Saturday v Aylesbury Utd they still have all the players that played earlier in the season against Diamonds and only two additions.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

Yep! Interesting on an official Twitter account eh? Shows the “measure” of the club I guess !! :hmmm:
DBF68435-4A20-47B5-BB63-50BF3BB2F3A6.png
DBF68435-4A20-47B5-BB63-50BF3BB2F3A6.png (281.42 KiB) Viewed 3731 times
Hoping they move heaven and earth to get this match on, I’m sure they will as the chances of many people travelling to a midweek match is nil I’d say, far more lucrative for them to have a Saturday match!

Really looking forward to it after a couple of postponements - I need my Diamonds fix!! :good:
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Another bright sunny day on the south coast. A little overnight rain. The only problem is how early the forecast rain comes tomorrows.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

The BBC forecast suggests the rain might arrive in the afternoon, but it might be light rain that not everybody gets. Hopefully that means we can avoid the worst case scenario of people travelling all the way there only for the game to be called off at 2pm. I was trying to think of RDFC games that far that I ended up having wasted journey. Bury, Macclesfield and Salisbury were a fair way, but I can’t remember if we had an aborted trip to Workington once.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Here is the tweet from Moneyfields yesterday:-

“Very wet and raining here tonight the Groundsman will be doing their best to get the game on so fingers crossed 🤞

I suppose it depends how saturated the pitch is. Hayden Road pitch looked pretty grim on the photo that R & H recently posted.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

No rain forecast until 11am. Then light rain til 4pm getting showery from then on.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

On the BBC Weather app it’s showing light rain from 1pm-3pm, which is a drastic improvement on the forecast it showed for Portsmouth before I went to bed last night!

Pitch inspection at 9am.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dbsl
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by Dbsl »

9.00 am pitch inspection announced on Twitter. Difficult one. It could be ok then but heavy rain forecast still, down there. I start travelling at 9 picking up friends before travelling down. Fingers crossed