Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: Former Players

Post by BartonRaz »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:21 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:51 pm
Brownie wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:37 pm Lewis Wilson
Stevo, Ollie B-H (both on the day Oadby won the league)
Elliot L-J
Scotty Joseph, Flamingo
Dec
Alfie (with no celebration)
Stuck on the Bugbrook one, is it 1 from the under 18s
One of the more memorable ones given the way he left the club - Lance Allen.
I was disappointed when he left.

Wasn't there stuff on twitter between him and Nat Liburd regarding their lack of playing time and venting at the club? Nat seemed to be a bad influence on him, if I remember correctly?

I can recall Lance being an unused sub for one away game, I think it may have been his last for the club. Where he left the bench rather than stay with the rest of the team until the final whistle.
Not quite how I remember it but certainly two of the more memorable departures. We had quite a few players in the squad at that time who used to vent their frustrations on Twitter when they weren’t picked. It wasn’t right, but those two seemed to be singled out and made an example of on the basis they weren’t regulars. Lance Allen was repeatedly being given about 30 seconds at the end of games under Starmer.

I’d like to think the club has moved on a lot since then on and off the pitch. We have a squad that’s a lot more professionally minded these days whereas the team had a very amateur feel to it back then. The players weren’t used to playing in front of large crowds and probably craved that to a certain extent, so things boiled over. I couldn’t imagine the likes of Liam Dolman, Sam Brown and the other senior players allowing that sort of thing on their watch.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 98 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:53 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:21 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:51 pm

One of the more memorable ones given the way he left the club - Lance Allen.
I was disappointed when he left.

Wasn't there stuff on twitter between him and Nat Liburd regarding their lack of playing time and venting at the club? Nat seemed to be a bad influence on him, if I remember correctly?

I can recall Lance being an unused sub for one away game, I think it may have been his last for the club. Where he left the bench rather than stay with the rest of the team until the final whistle.
Not quite how I remember it but certainly two of the more memorable departures. We had quite a few players in the squad at that time who used to vent their frustrations on Twitter when they weren’t picked. It wasn’t right, but those two seemed to be singled out and made an example of on the basis they weren’t regulars. Lance Allen was repeatedly being given about 30 seconds at the end of games under Starmer.

I’d like to think the club has moved on a lot since then on and off the pitch. We have a squad that’s a lot more professionally minded these days whereas the team had a very amateur feel to it back then. The players weren’t used to playing in front of large crowds and probably craved that to a certain extent, so things boiled over. I couldn’t imagine the likes of Liam Dolman, Sam Brown and the other senior players allowing that sort of thing on their watch.
Found this from when it happened.

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/lance-allen- ... ave-afc-rd

Also the reaction on this forum at the time
http://www.afcdiamondsforum.uk/viewtopi ... 6&start=50

I remember them spouting on the UCL Facebook page, of course the inhabitants of that page were lapping it up, any excuse to paint us in a bad light.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Interesting match on Saturday for Richard Bunting as he lines up in a top of the table clash v Newport Pagnell. Nearly every NP player has at sometime played for AFC RD.

Bunting scored for Wisbech last week in their big 11-0 win against Sileby.
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Chester have this evening held a fans forum with some ominous looking updates being provided via their local rag:

https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/spor ... ssion=true

£200k in the red and players set to leave. This is a club that only restarted at Step 4 in 2010 after going to the wall during the year we made the play-offs.

Marcus Bignot is the manager. Tom Shaw, who was Caretaker Manager earlier in the season, returned to Tamworth last week.

Pressman

Post by Pressman »

Lee Tommo Cardiff to Nottingham Forest loan
Simeon Jackson Walsall to Grimsby loan
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Pressman wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:49 pm Lee Tommo Cardiff to Nottingham Forest loan
Simeon Jackson Walsall to Grimsby loan
Jackson scores after 3 mins on debut.
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Fernando Bell Toxtle scored twice for Basford on Saturday and has been playing a significant part in their success this season according to article in last weeks NLP. I fully understand why he left but I really rated him and was willing him to do well for us. Maybe we will come up against him next season.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

sussexdiamond wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:07 pm Maybe we will come up against him next season.
I doubt that as I think Basford United are a nailed on certainty to be playing in the Northern Premier and I think we will regard ourselves to be rather unlucky if we get placed in that league rather than the Central Premier if we are promoted.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 500686&z=6
BartonRaz

Post by BartonRaz »

Max Porter now playing at our level having signed for Maldon & Tiptree of the Bostik North, having previously been at Chelmsford City in Conference South.

Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Tommy Berwick signs for BPW, guess he must be missing football but not sure what his fitness level will be like. Good luck to him he’s been away from the game for to long.