[ Sat 13th Jan ] v Fleet Town, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: [ Sat 13th Jan ] v Fleet Town, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by sussexdiamond »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:30 pm Moneyfields dropping like a lead balloon. They have a massive job to stay in the Playoffs especially given the number of games HW have in hands.

Beaconsfield were 2-1 down late on but turned it around with 2 late goals.

Slowly but surely teams are falling off the pace. Currently a 5 horse race.
Since drawing at Hayden Road Moneyfields have played 10 won 2 drawn 2 lost 6. All those red cards have taken their toll...may it continue for another two weeks at least. Although they could do us a favour on Monday evening at Beaconsfield.
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

That was as complete a performance as you could hope for - totally dominated from start to finish and all the team played their part - a proper team performance with some stand out individual performances.

Luke was brilliant, direct and full of confidence - their no 11 was ripped apart at times! 3 assists and a great goal, deserved man of the match.

Ben Farrell ran him close, a brilliant finish and a really hardworking performance - some great distribution of the ball.

When we lifted the tempo Fleet were totally lost, outclassed.

I don’t care what other teams are doing, we just need to keep playing like that. The pitch wasn’t great, very bumpy, but it was firm underfoot and I think we coped with it really well.

Peaksy, after earlier season criticism, can take a lot of credit for this - we just need to keep it going and see if we can’t open up a bit of a gap.

Tuesday will be tough, the pitch at Aylesbury could be very soft and uneven - with rain forecast I’d put my money on a postponement again! Let’s hope they let us know early enough this time eh?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
MarkH
The Staff
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Just for fun I have been looking at matches between the top seven contenders. (AFC RD, Dunstable, Beaconsfield, Cambridge, Hartney W, Hayes and Moneyfields)

Moneyfields have not played at home against any of the others but have played all except Beaconsfield away (play tomorrow night).

BEACONSFIELD P6 W4 D1 L1 13PTS
HAYES P6 W3 D 2 L1 11 PTS
AFC R & D P6 W3 D1 L2 10PTS
HARTLEY W P6 W3 D0 L3 9PTS
AFC DUN P6 W1 D1 L4 4PTS
MONEYFIELDS P5 W0 D4 L1 4 PTS
CAMBRIDGE P7 W1 D1 L5 4PTS

In our 18 matches against the other teams we have won 13 and drawn 5.