[ Sat 13th Jan ] v Fleet Town, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 13th Jan ] v Fleet Town, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: [ Sat 13th Jan ] v Fleet Town, KO 3pm ESE AWAY

Post by sussexdiamond »

With 5 draws in their last six games Fleet are far better than they were back in August, coupled with a dodgy pitch this will be no walk in the park.
Given that we are struggling to score goals lately (just 5 in 5 games) I would like to see what Ben Diamond can do alongside Tom Lorraine. Last night if the game had gone to extra time I felt those two would have made the breakthrough as for the time they had together they looked to have an understanding between each other, which I don't think existed with Diamond and Robbins.

A win on Saturday (and next Tuesday) could open a serious gap between us and the chasing pack as there are some interesting fixtures in the next 7 days.
Saturday:
Ashford v Dunstable
Beaconsfield v Cambridge
Hanwell v Hartley W.
Marlow v Moneyfields
Thame v Hayes

And then on monday Beaconsfield v Moneyfields
and then tuesday
Egham v Hayes
Hartley W v Ashford
Kempston v Cambridge
StaceyH
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by StaceyH »

A few seats have become available on today’s coach to Fleet. Message/pm/ email/text me if you’d like to book on or take a chance and meet at Skinners Hill at 10.45am (I can’t guarantee you a seat if you do this though). Coach will leave at 11am prompt.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Fantastic result and performance. That performance from Fairlamb was the best I’ve seen in a Diamonds shirt. Fair play to Peaks for turning it around this season!
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Well this is Exciting :clapping: shame them below is won . But seriously how impressive is that +42 goal difference with the 3 at the back!
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Moneyfields dropping like a lead balloon. They have a massive job to stay in the Playoffs especially given the number of games HW have in hands.

Beaconsfield were 2-1 down late on but turned it around with 2 late goals.

Slowly but surely teams are falling off the pace. Currently a 5 horse race.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:30 pm Moneyfields dropping like a lead balloon. They have a massive job to stay in the Playoffs especially given the number of games HW have in hands.

Beaconsfield were 2-1 down late on but turned it around with 2 late goals.

Slowly but surely teams are falling off the pace. Currently a 5 horse race.
We're nine points clear of fourth place, so at this pace it's a three horse race (but let's not get carried away! :biggrin: ). I'm glad AP and the management have found the right formula, now let's push on and win this TINPOT league :cheesy:
AFC R & D member number 34
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Another in a long line of superb performances. We passed the ball around excellently and completely dominated the game. The two wingers, as they are every game, were immense and Ben Diamond put in another high quality display. To be truthful I thought today's game would be much tougher than it was.

For those who missed the game today - it was a very similar performance to the one we put in against Thame back in August. Total domination from the first minute to the last.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Wasn't there today so can't comment on the overall performance, but after watching the highlights, how good is Luke Fairlamb at the moment, not saying he's the only player that deserves praise, the whole team is playing well, but 3 great assists and a great goal today, superb, hope he can keep it up!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

No need to worry if Joel cant play for any reason, just put the nimble fleet footed Bully on the right. I think he spent as much time down the right wing as he did in defence during the second half!
Today was an all round great team performance, reminded me of the wins at Dunstable and Thame earlier in the season.