It is time for change

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: It is time for change

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:23 pm Some if you shouldn't be allowed through the doors if Hayden Road.
That comment is quiet offensive,

to put into perspective, fans have given up there time and made a lot of effort to raise cash for the move and really trying to raise the profile of the club to get more fans through the turnstiles, then today happens and its not even a one off and threw away valuable prize money!! we have the right to ask questions
Last edited by sandringhamdiamond on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Peaks won't go. If he was going to lose his job it would have been at any point between January - March last season when we were honking. He's not going to go now considering we have actually played well in select games lately.

In his defence, the style of play has improved this season. The squad appears to be better. It's early days but it would appear that the consistency of results hasn't improved. For 18 months now we've been striving for a bit of consistency. As shown against Alfreton and Dunstable this team is extremely capable.

In terms of today's game it felt like Groundhog Day. I've seen that game 30 times now and it's boring.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Another point to consider is that can he take us up another level? There have been some good performances and results, but these mainly come against lower sides. I personally don't think he can take this side any further than a play-off spot and I don't think many will be happy with that again. I'd love to see him try and rally the team from sidelines vocally for a change, he certainly seems to know how to do so towards the referee. It's hard to say wether the warrants the sack, but he won't get us out of this league.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:23 pm Here we go again.

One defeat, sack the manager.

Some if you shouldn't be allowed through the doors if Hayden Road.
I was expecting that from you and I suggest you change the record. At least I turn up at HR, support the club and I'm old enough to form a reasoned, balanced and rational personal opinion. If you don't like it then tough. I suggest you read through my posts, I don't generally have a pop at the team and I don't really expect to see a change but I DO expect a reaction.
You're not the only one with an opinion.
AFC R & D member number 34
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Again it seems that we can't play well at home consistently. So frustrating!

We had plenty of possession and they went 2 - 0 up with just two decent chances. The third goal was very unfortunate imo. Lorraine changed it and had he come on earlier I'm sure we would have got a draw (at least).

Not the time to be discussing the manager's position but a win on Tuesday is a must so we need to play a very strong team. I know some say the cups are a distraction but how many would have wanted to miss that night at Sixfields. With that in mind ...... how far off is Ashton from playing again?
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:39 pm Again it seems that we can't play well at home consistently. So frustrating!

We had plenty of possession and they went 2 - 0 up with just two decent chances. The third goal was very unfortunate imo. Lorraine changed it and had he come on earlier I'm sure we would have got a draw (at least).

Not the time to be discussing the manager's position but a win on Tuesday is a must so we need to play a very strong team. I know some say the cups are a distraction but how many would have wanted to miss that night at Sixfields. With that in mind ...... how far off is Ashton from playing again?
Is Ashton still injured, or is he ok, hopefully he won't be to far away from playing, will we have a game on the 28th.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I notice Aylesbury Utd drew - if they lose their replay a trip there would be the obvious fixture.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

mikerd wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:14 pm Is Ashton still injured, or is he ok
He is not injured but in rehab. Was in full kit today joining in the pre-match warmup so it's possible he may be involved in the not too distant future. With Punter on the injury list we need Jacko back as soon as possible to partner Dolman in central defence and allow Sam Brown to return to his natural position.
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

Good to see some people on here finally standing up against the PC crowd who police this forum with their vested interests and finally holding the management to account based on consistent underwhelming results and performances. I agree it’s time for change.

We’ve had two seasons of failure and look like we’re on for a third. To be clear, anything other than promotion at a canter is a failure. I don’t care about having our club back, if that club is going to sit stale in deep dark pits of non-league happy just to exist.

Are we happy if we benchmark our rise versus the other fan owned Phoenix clubs? Are we making the progress we should be? On the pitch we’ve been on the slide for two years and that shows in our attendances.

Give Peaks 5 games to turn it round and show we can win the league - but if he keeps recruiting poorly, setting us up poorly, and making inept tactical decisions, then it’s time for someone new to take us forward.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:23 pm Here we go again.

One defeat, sack the manager.

Some if you shouldn't be allowed through the doors if Hayden Road.
ToD mentioned several games, as did the other calmer contributors on this thread. I understood where you were coming from previously, when you argued again the most reactionary poster on this board, but trying to use this again in this situation makes me wonder if you're secretly related to Peaks? As for that last comment, perhaps you should retract it.

In the unlikely event of him being sacked, no one could say he'd not been given a fair crack of the whip, more than 3.5 years in charge my by count. Winning the UCL was expected, but still credit where it's due. The start of 15/16 was fantastic in league and cup, but that league should've been won. The dramatic slide in form was an alarm bell, as was failing to close out the play-off final.

16/17 was choppy and, as mentioned above, another mid-season collapse in form and well beaten in the playoffs. Harder league so that could possibly be excused.

Now this year the start has been up and down, but I've mostly been worried about the atmosphere and attendances at HR. Back in Jan/Feb I, along with many others, was really excited at the prospect of HR and the boost this would give the club, but in the 4 games I've attended so far I've not felt this and I've been disappointed with every attendance so far (even the FA Cup).

I'm not saying a new manager would be a panacea, but maybe it would get a bit of excitement back and arrest what seems to me to be a bit of a malaise at the club at the moment. Would it be any worse than what we have now? If the answer's no, then I'm in favour of a change.
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46