[ Tue 25th Apr ] v Witton Albion, KO 7:45pm NPL1S POSF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: [ Tue 25th Apr ] v Witton Albion, KO 7:45pm NPL1S POSF AWAY

Post by BartonRaz »

Maldon & Tiptree 5-4 Haringey Borough looked an interesting one last night in the Ryman Div One North. Looking likely i'll head to Maldon & Tiptree V Thurrock on Sunday.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

sussexdiamond wrote:8 of the 9 Step 3 and 4 Play Off semi's have been completed (Ryman Prem tonight)
every team finishing 2nd in their respective leagues have won through to the finals along with five 3rd placed teams and three 4th placed.

No team finishing 5th has won their semi final.....yet.
Make that 100% as Bognor win tonight and also 2nd place Dulwich.
Easton Diamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Easton Diamond »

Just about got over the disappointment of Tuesday night. During the first 30-35 minutes I thought Witton by their standards looked fairly average and didn’t seem a patch of the side that faced us at the Dog and Duck. However, after that they certainly moved up a few gears and were pretty much in the ascendency for the remainder of the match. Dan Quigley had been influential up until the sending off but the tackle was stupid and needless. No complaints about the outcome at all, although I think Spalding could push them quite close.

The atmosphere created behind the goal sounded fantastic from the seated area and really reminded me of the old Diamonds away days. Hayden Road will be rocking next season if it’s like that! Funny how those of us in the Main Stand were supposedly segregated yet we had to walk through the opposing supporters to get to the toilets rather than use the ones next to the terrace! :blink:

I have personally loved being in the NPL Division One South this season and the different places we have visited. The away wins at Bedworth, Gresley, Spalding and Lincoln will live with me for years to come. Ralph mentioned in the Newcastle programme notes about how welcoming the clubs have been to us this season compared to those in the Southern League Central and I can certainly believe that. I can’t really get excited about any of the teams we may face in that league next season to be brutally honest. I agree however that if we could keep hold of our best players, reshape the squad a bit and bring some quality in then a shot at automatic promotion could be on the cards.

Here’s to 2017/2018! :good:
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

I note that Witton are not segregating for today's final. Just makes the decision on Tuesday all the more strange.
corby diamond
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Rushdenjim wrote:I note that Witton are not segregating for today's final. Just makes the decision on Tuesday all the more strange.
Without meaning to start a lengthy debate and I wanted to post this when I heard, but they would only have to do heard of the final last year to make the decision... the power of social media I suppose..
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
BartonRaz
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I enjoyed the segregation to be honest. It was like the 'good old days' and helped create an excellent atmosphere in the away end.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

At least we can say we lost to the eventual play-off winners eh? They beat Spalding today 2-1.

Best team I've seen this year and bested us 3 times - they deserved it!

Fair to see the top two sides go up - now let's stop messing about with the play-offs, whatever league we're in next year lets win it !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Diamondsforever wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:43 pm
rudolph_hucker wrote:Yes I'm interested (depending on times) I'm not 100% available if it's too early.
I've saved you a seat, could you let me know asap if you're able to travel please. Thanks
I'm not gonna be able to make it.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.