Demolition of Nene Park?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Re: Demolition of Nene Park?

Post by Dowlo »

BartonRaz wrote:I noticed driving past yesterday that the bulldozers have now actually started demolishing the stadium.

For those on Facebook local MP Marika Hillson has just posted something very interesting regarding Nene Park. Not good news, but interesting.

Mr Cousins was clearly not interested, because Mr Cousins is a horrible heartless c*nt!
And sadly as many have found out you can't reason or make deals with c*nts!

In a weird way I hope the demolition is as swift as possible now, and we can finally concentrate on finding AFCR&D a full time home, without the elephant in the room that is Nene Park hanging over us as a reminder of what could have been.

As for Cousins well I'm not sure I can put down in writing what I wish to happen to utter c*nt of a human being!

(sorry for my language, I dislike the bloke quite a lot)
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

BartonRaz wrote:I noticed driving past yesterday that the bulldozers have now actually started demolishing the stadium.

For those on Facebook local MP Marika Hillson has just posted something very interesting regarding Nene Park. Not good news, but interesting.

Interesting reading indeed. Trying to take a positive from the post that there is, it appears, a willingness to do what the local councils can to provide a Community Facility.

Perhaps the end result will be an "East Northants" football club with teams operating a Step 1/2; 5/6/7, Academy and all-encompassing Community teams which incorporates the current AFCR&D, R&H, Higham Town and Irthlingborough Rangers set-ups.
Frogerz

Post by Frogerz »

Interesting that even after it was stated the site cannot be built on he's going ahead with the demolition.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Frogerz wrote:Interesting that even after it was stated the site cannot be built on he's going ahead with the demolition.
I find it also very intriguing that the demolition contractors are not being allowed on the pitch and I understand that this is due to the covenant in place for the pitch area. Obviously the pitch is currently very poor and boggy but this is no doubt due to blocked land drains.
It will be interesting to see how this develops.
Frogerz

Post by Frogerz »

Trek wrote:
Frogerz wrote:Interesting that even after it was stated the site cannot be built on he's going ahead with the demolition.
I find it also very intriguing that the demolition contractors are not being allowed on the pitch and I understand that this is due to the covenant in place for the pitch area. Obviously the pitch is currently very poor and boggy but this is no doubt due to blocked land drains.
It will be interesting to see how this develops.
That is intriguing, I wasn't aware of that. Surely getting rid of the stadium will just be a costly process if he can't actual build on the main pitch then..

Makes it seem even more bizarre to reject any proposals to use the stadium.
Trek

Post by Trek »

The covenant on the main stadium pitch area, I understand, is 125 years and presumably starts in 1992 when the two clubs originally merged. So for Cousins to insist that his demolition contractors aren't allowed to put any plant and machinery on the pitch means an extended demolition period.
The plot thickens. :dry:
diamondphil

Post by diamondphil »

So, let me get this straight..........Cousins can knock down the stadium, but can't touch the playing surface?
I feel sorry for people who don't drink................when they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.
Trek

Post by Trek »

diamondphil wrote:So, let me get this straight..........Cousins can knock down the stadium, but can't touch the playing surface?
So it seems. The land registry document would confirm. It was often mentioned in the past that the Nene Park pitch was protected by a covenant which probably goes back to the Irthlingborough Diamonds days and was probably put into place when the land was transferred to RDFC.
Frogerz

Post by Frogerz »

Trek wrote:
diamondphil wrote:So, let me get this straight..........Cousins can knock down the stadium, but can't touch the playing surface?
So it seems. The land registry document would confirm. It was often mentioned in the past that the Nene Park pitch was protected by a covenant which probably goes back to the Irthlingborough Diamonds days and was probably put into place when the land was transferred to RDFC.
He must have a way around the pitch issue surely. Otherwise why bother knocking it down, in fact why bother agreeing to the meeting just to dismiss any use for the site
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Frogerz wrote:
Trek wrote:
He must have a way around the pitch issue surely. Otherwise why bother knocking it down, in fact why bother agreeing to the meeting just to dismiss any use for the site
A covenant can of course be removed if the party that put the covenant in agrees to it (presumably the trust?)