PLODS - The Prediction League of Diamonds Supporters

Moderator: olio

olio

PLODS Rules and How to play (2014-2015)

Post by olio »

Hi everyone,
kp28-thrapstonalfie PLODS.jpg
kp28-thrapstonalfie PLODS.jpg (125.25 KiB) Viewed 10142 times
Welcome to a new season of PLODS! :D I'm looking forward to my second season of running the league, and hope that this season produces much fun and enjoyment for everyone involved!

Basically, for veterans of PLODS, the rules are the same. The league format is staying the same as it did last season, with just one league, which is an ideal size for the amount of players signing up to play this season.

For new time players, all the rules are detailed below. If anyone has any questions with the new format and/or the general rules of the game, feel free to leave a comment in this thread, and I'll be more than happy to get back to you.

HOW TO PLAY
Each week I will post up a list of games
All you do is reply with your score predictions
Correctly predicting the exact result (ie 2-1) = 3 points
Correctly predicting the outcome (ie home win, away win, draw) = 1 point

LEAGUE FORMAT
All the players will be placed into one single division
The player finishing in 1st place will be crowned the PLODS 2013-2014 Champion
Players finishing in positions 2-5 will qualify for the end of season Play Offs, which will see them pit their wits against 4 players from another forum to see who can emerge victorious
The winner of the Play Offs will join the player finishing 1st in the PLODS Hall of Fame, and will be able to put it on their CV for ever after ;)

PLAYERS
Anyone can join the league at any point during the season; just PM me if you'd like to take part
If you fail to predict for 4 weeks in a row, you'll be kicked out.

RULES
Once a game has kicked off, you cannot predict the result for that game, but can continue to predict other games if they kick-off at a later time
If games go into extra time, the result after 90 mins will be counted
In PLODS Cup games, if a cup fixture is drawn, then the amount of goals scored is taken into account. if still drawn, then a replay will take place
'...Wardley again.... Now Butterworth trying to provide some inspiration; What will the response be from Rushden??? IT'S A GOAL FROM ONANDI LOWE!!!!.... Third Division POSF 2nd leg; Rochdale 1 Rushden & Diamonds 2 Tuesday 30th April 2002
bigmort

Re: PLODS Rules and How to play (2013-2014)

Post by bigmort »

Count me in Olio