Come on CLEVER DICKS

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
woody

Come on CLEVER DICKS

Post by woody »

Ok - Real life question for you all to try to answer.

Why would a half bottle of Port cost you a bottle of White Wine (Chardonnay in my case)???????
'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?
Billy Connolly
ID

Re: Come on CLEVER DICKS

Post by ID »

An alcohol-based 'secret santa' game? ;)
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
woody

Post by woody »

No............ Try again!
'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?
Billy Connolly
woody

Post by woody »

I'll add some clues.

Two Siamese Cats and a Pale Blue Lounge carpet!
Billy Connolly
CountHermanDeBanker

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

The cats knocked over the port, which can act like a bleaching agent, staining a dark patch on your blue carpet, the bottle of white negates the effect and takes the stain out.

By the way - why waste a good chardonnay on that?! Always keep a bottle of blue nun handy for that sort of clean up operation, and if it looks like it won't be used, then invite the mother in law round for a glass or two of "fine wine"....... :D :lol: :lol: 8-) ;) :twisted:
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
woody

Post by woody »

CountHermanDeBanker wrote:The cats knocked over the port, which can act like a bleaching agent, staining a dark patch on your blue carpet, the bottle of white negates the effect and takes the stain out.

By the way - why waste a good chardonnay on that?! Always keep a bottle of blue nun handy for that sort of clean up operation, and if it looks like it won't be used, then invite the mother in law round for a glass or two of "fine wine"....... :D :lol: :lol: 8-) ;) :twisted:
Spot on CHDB - My little horrors were playing "the wall of death" - A chasing game. Mr.Grimsdale lost his footing going nearly horizontal into a small sideboard............ Hence the decanter going flying.

Raced across and stopped the leak. Didn't have any Soda Water (another remedy), so Googled wine stains. WHITE WINE to dilute the red. Cheapest bottle in my cupboard was the Chardonnay (which I hate anyway - too acidic)

Stopped the stain in its tracks whilst I set up my VAX cleaner. Its all looking good now, if not still a little wet.

WELL DONE SHERLOCK :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Billy Connolly
CountHermanDeBanker

Post by CountHermanDeBanker »

Elementary, my dear Watson ;)
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx