Racist Wankers

Sports, jokes, news, general waffle...
User avatar
ChorltonV
Paul Underwood
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:48 pm

Racist Wankers

Post by ChorltonV » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:45 pm

So I'm in Glasgow on a works trip and I'm staying in the Premier Inn on Argyll Street. I've had a few drinks at an awards ceremony and I make my way back to my hotel and decide to have a few drinks in the bar. The place is crawling with Celtic fans following their victory over Ajax and being a football fan myself I decide, despite being far from home that I'll be at home among fellow football fans.

How wrong could I be?

I try to talk to a couple of guys about the result and how they see the group playing out. I'm met straight away with incredulity and aggression. Very quickly I'm made to feel that unless I leave I'm going to be under threat of some serious harm.

I'm convinced the only thing I did wrong was to have an English accent and because of that I had a learry bloke in my face gobbing off and telling me i should leave a public bar.

My advice is dont engage with Irish people in polite conversation and don't go out drinking in Glasgow if you're English and Celtic are at home.

These people are scum and go a long way to proving that religion is the root of all evil in this world.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318

Diamond_ Wolf
PLODS Champion 12/13
Posts: 1121
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:53 pm

Re: Racist Wankers

Post by Diamond_ Wolf » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:16 am

They are a disgusting and vile football club right from down from that ginger tosser of a manager through to their 'fans'. Totally agree with you regarding the religion aspect, they all seem to have a chip on their shoulder. They should be left to rot in the Irish league IMO.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds member- 56

Oundle Diamond #2
Lord Max
Posts: 1595
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:50 pm
Location: London

Re: Racist Wankers

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:07 am

ChorltonV wrote:
These people are scum and go a long way to proving that religion is the root of all evil in this world.
:roll:

User avatar
ChorltonV
Paul Underwood
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:48 pm

Re: Racist Wankers

Post by ChorltonV » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:25 am

I'm not sure what you're implying with the raised eyebrows smiley face. I stand by what I said. Religion is a curse on intelligent and enlightened people and is used the world over to justify rape, genocide, peadophilia and the subjugation of millions.

But hey, let's keep it football ;)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318

Oundle Diamond #2
Lord Max
Posts: 1595
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:50 pm
Location: London

Re: Racist Wankers

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Let's keep it football... ;)

paulk
Dale Roberts
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Racist Wankers

Post by paulk » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:27 pm

ChorltonV wrote:So I'm in Glasgow on a works trip and I'm staying in the Premier Inn on Argyll Street. I've had a few drinks at an awards ceremony and I make my way back to my hotel and decide to have a few drinks in the bar. The place is crawling with Celtic fans following their victory over Ajax and being a football fan myself I decide, despite being far from home that I'll be at home among fellow football fans.

How wrong could I be?

I try to talk to a couple of guys about the result and how they see the group playing out. I'm met straight away with incredulity and aggression. Very quickly I'm made to feel that unless I leave I'm going to be under threat of some serious harm.

I'm convinced the only thing I did wrong was to have an English accent and because of that I had a learry bloke in my face gobbing off and telling me i should leave a public bar.

My advice is dont engage with Irish people in polite conversation and don't go out drinking in Glasgow if you're English and Celtic are at home.

These people are scum and go a long way to proving that religion is the root of all evil in this world.
You can honestly say you never come across similar scenarios in an English pub? Celtic like most clubs has an element of morons but on my trips up there I've generally found them a friendly crowd. Luck of the draw.

User avatar
ChorltonV
Paul Underwood
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:48 pm

Re: Racist Wankers

Post by ChorltonV » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:40 pm

I have never been the subject of racial abuse in an English pub.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318

paulk
Dale Roberts
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Racist Wankers

Post by paulk » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:46 pm

ChorltonV wrote:I have never been the subject of racial abuse in an English pub.
Lucky you. My father is Scottish and has encountered similar scenarios in English pubs to the one you experienced- thoughts? All English racist? Of course not a few morons like the ones you came across. I'm always wary of tarring the majority because of a minority.

STAGMAN
Lord Max
Posts: 1688
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:14 pm

Re: Racist Wankers

Post by STAGMAN » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:11 pm

I have never had a problem out in Glasgow but our youngest lad did whilst dressed in a kilt for a wedding, until he told them what part of Glasgow his mum came from and they left him alone then , i wonder why.
Mind you i did go to a Celtic v Aberdeen game one night many years ago and there was a lot of them with an Irish tricolour signing the Soldiers Song, such blatant IRA support wound me up.

User avatar
ChorltonV
Paul Underwood
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:48 pm

Re: Racist Wankers

Post by ChorltonV » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:17 pm

Glasgow Celtic is a football club created out of religious separatism, fuelled by hatred and intolerance. The overwhelming majority of its fans are guilty of either racist or sectarian abuse.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No.318

Post Reply