Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 76 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: Rushden Lakes - Shopping Park

Post by Rushdenjim »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no ... e-20809870

Another set back.
Also its interesting to note that the leader of Northampton Borough Council meet Pickles 2 days before this decision :|
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 98 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Rushden needs a place like that, I hope the government approve it.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Rushdenjim

Post by Rushdenjim »

You can now like/follow the updates, Search Rushden Lakes on Facebook or Twitter where there is information on how to e-mail your support to the Government
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

The Godfather wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:28 am
rudolph_hucker wrote:Still not definite my old china, it could still be vetoed in the next 21 days. Why would we want 20 new shops there?? In Welly 4 miles away there is a Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrison, B&Q and a Homebase. In Rushden itself we have an Asda, Wilko, Waitrose and a Wickes. I would suggest that they are without doubt some of the top ten retailers in Britain if not the World. It makes no sense at all. If they were to build a cinema complex, skating rink and a new swimming pool alongside the hotel I can see the logic.
It's going to be a little bit like Bicester Village (I think), with more clothing shops going there.

Cinema Complex etc is going where Nene Park is, and thats a fact!
Well its been 11 years since this post and nothing has been built on it yet. Is anything in the pipeline or will it just be kept as waste land?
Rushdenjim

Post by Rushdenjim »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:43 pm
The Godfather wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:28 am
rudolph_hucker wrote:Still not definite my old china, it could still be vetoed in the next 21 days. Why would we want 20 new shops there?? In Welly 4 miles away there is a Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrison, B&Q and a Homebase. In Rushden itself we have an Asda, Wilko, Waitrose and a Wickes. I would suggest that they are without doubt some of the top ten retailers in Britain if not the World. It makes no sense at all. If they were to build a cinema complex, skating rink and a new swimming pool alongside the hotel I can see the logic.
It's going to be a little bit like Bicester Village (I think), with more clothing shops going there.

Cinema Complex etc is going where Nene Park is, and thats a fact!
Well its been 11 years since this post and nothing has been built on it yet. Is anything in the pipeline or will it just be kept as waste land?
The Old Nene Park site is on Flood Zone 3 land so large scale residential development was always going to be near on impossible. I doubt there is any appetite for retail/hospitality development so warehousing I suppose could be the most likely option, assuming the Planning Authority have any appetite for redevelopment given the aforementioned flood risk.
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

There was a review of this a couple of years ago, Conalgen Enterprises tried to get the zoning changed on the site. I think in the end the area of land the stadium used to sit on got downgraded but the rest of it stayed at zone 3. A google of Conalgen Enterprises SA planning permission will give you more information if you fancy reading the report.
FuriousHoon / Ollie