Rugby world cup thread

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Rugby world cup thread

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

Can't wait for it, surely NZ will win, if not it will be Australia with England bowing out in the semi's IMO. Without Manu Tuilagi I think we will struggle heavily, the guy is something special. Hopefully the lads form Northampton Saints will do us proud!
diamond.jack99

Re: Rugby world cup thread

Post by diamond.jack99 »

I think we've got a good chance with the squad we have, also thinking about the team we had 4 years ago which wasn't as strong, we still got to the final of the tournament. Think as always that our pack will be important to our success with Sheridan etc.
Diamondsiy

Post by Diamondsiy »

cant wait bring on Argentina!
AFC RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS - Member No: 380
PhilM2

Post by PhilM2 »

France vs Wales

Fantastic performance by Wales a man down.

Send off was correct. If you have rules to protect players, then those rules have to be enforced.

Fantastic match
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

PhilM2 wrote:France vs Wales

Send off was correct. If you have rules to protect players, then those rules have to be enforced.

Fantastic match
I'm on my way to PAris next Sat Phil. Whats the traffic situation going to be like, is Rugby big in France?
PhilM2

Post by PhilM2 »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:

Fantastic match
I'm on my way to PAris next Sat Phil. Whats the traffic situation going to be like, is Rugby big in France?

Are you driving into the centre of Paris?

What time do you expect to arrive in Paris?

If you are driving from Calais then the easiest is A16, A26, A1, then A3 after Charles de Gaulle down to the périferique ( central ring road ).

Saturday is always busy, but earlier tends to be better than later.

France likes rugby a lot ( not as much as footy ofcourse ). But I dont think that will make much difference to normal traffic in Paris.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

PhilM2 wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:

Fantastic match

Are you driving into the centre of Paris?

What time do you expect to arrive in Paris?

If you are driving from Calais then the easiest is A16, A26, A1, then A3 after Charles de Gaulle down to the périferique ( central ring road ).

Saturday is always busy, but earlier tends to be better than later.

France likes rugby a lot ( not as much as footy ofcourse ). But I dont think that will make much difference to normal traffic in Paris.
Pretty much centre of Paris, going to the Eiffel tower then onto Euro disney. Expect to arrive around midday. If you say earlier is better than, but the Final will be on in the morning so fingers crossed the roads aint too bad!