FIFA12 Player Impact Engine preview

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
Oundle Diamond #2

Re: FIFA12 Player Impact Engine preview

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

BartonRaz wrote:This is going to be biased as i'm a staunch Proey man, but having played both demos - with an open mind - I just can't understand why anyone would buy FIFA over Proey.

At least this FIFA is slightly different to the last. I was unaware of any change whatsoever from FIFA 10 to FIFA 11. I quite like the whole 'jockeying' thing. I find that using that it's extremely easy to get the ball back, but the same drawbacks remain from the last game. Everytime you run into the box there is ALWAYS a player running next to you waiting for a square ball to pass the ball into an empty net. Every game is the same in my opinion, it's boring.

The only problem with Proey in my opinion is that the gameplay is too slow, but you can correct that by going into the settings and changing the game speed to '+1'. Player movement is more fluid and unpredictable than ever - the rigidity of movement was a big problem with previous games - and the game as a whole is way more fun.

As I said, a biased opinion, but if you haven't tried the Proey demo then do so!
CLUBS. It's all I do & want to do. Simple as!
diamond.jack99

Post by diamond.jack99 »

Oundle Diamond #2 wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:This is going to be biased as i'm a staunch Proey man, but having played both demos - with an open mind - I just can't understand why anyone would buy FIFA over Proey.

At least this FIFA is slightly different to the last. I was unaware of any change whatsoever from FIFA 10 to FIFA 11. I quite like the whole 'jockeying' thing. I find that using that it's extremely easy to get the ball back, but the same drawbacks remain from the last game. Everytime you run into the box there is ALWAYS a player running next to you waiting for a square ball to pass the ball into an empty net. Every game is the same in my opinion, it's boring.

The only problem with Proey in my opinion is that the gameplay is too slow, but you can correct that by going into the settings and changing the game speed to '+1'. Player movement is more fluid and unpredictable than ever - the rigidity of movement was a big problem with previous games - and the game as a whole is way more fun.

As I said, a biased opinion, but if you haven't tried the Proey demo then do so!
CLUBS. It's all I do & want to do. Simple as!
Have to agree, clubs is great and fun to play with your mates. I also like ultimate team more than pro evos version of it ( don't know what it is called). But the EA servers really piss me off.
Diamondsiy

Post by Diamondsiy »

:D yup its all about pro clubs! 8-)
AFC RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS - Member No: 380
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Erm, what is 'clubs'? ;)
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Oundle Diamond #2

Post by Oundle Diamond #2 »

BartonRaz wrote:Erm, what is 'clubs'? ;)
Extension of Virtual Pro - which is creating a player and trying to gain accomplishments to improve them! After creating a 'club' with mates/fellow gamers, you can compete online, playing anything from 2v2 to 10v10. Each person controls their pro in a position, and then one person is selected to control the rest of the players in the 11. These players are computer generated-and awful compared to virtual pros.

So basically there's 7 of us, you have overall ranking systems, and the ability to win cups, achieve accomplishments, win new stadiums & monthly ranking systems. That kinda thing. Converted yet? ;)
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Post by HiHoRushden&Diamonds »

For those who don't know, you can play ultimate team on the web app now for Fifa 12, there's daily gifts and you get two free gold packs. Yet again however, some ridiculous stats!
HiHoRushden&Diamonds

They've done a team of the week as well...
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Does sound interesting actually, but i'll never convert. ;)

Not unless they release Fifa 13 with the exact same graphics and gameplay as Fifa 98. :mrgreen:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

HiHoRushden&Diamonds

Fifa 12 is amazing, that is all!
6-1-0 on ultimate team so far :D