Haiti - Media Hype and financial 'overkill'

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
woody

Haiti - Media Hype and financial 'overkill'

Post by woody »

Whilst any loss of human life is both tragic and needless.............surely as the saying goes - CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME!

People have died on OUR streets this winter, the cold and lack of shelter and food being the main causes. Our senior citizens (the ones that are poor) are near on freezing and starving to death too (even with cold weather allowances, all because what the Government Giveth - The Government Taketh away in higher food, VAT, council tax etc. These people are taking five steps forward and ten back.

HOWEVER, all I heard in the Stores and High Streets yesterday were the infamous FOR HAITI EARTHQUAKE tin rattlers. Plus Simon Cowell playing his version of St.BONO. :twisted:

I am appalled that we forget our own to 'be seen' doing something..... no doubt certain posters will be asking questions why SOL Campbell and other rich footballers don't just give away all their bank accounts to the Haiti Appeal :oops: At least it would be tax deductable as a charitable donation.

Sorry to sound Jaundiced..............but I was told last night (From a Civil Servant) WHY we are sending so much aid (there is always an underlying reason, usually nothing to do with charity. In this case - PM me for the answers)or work it out for yourselves by looking at the regional map
'If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?
Billy Connolly