Football Manager 2011

Sports, jokes, news and general waffle.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: Football Manager 2011

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Took me four years to get Rushden promoted, Nabil has been banging them in for me (over 30 goals last season), he's struggling to score in League 2 so far.

finished 10th, 7th, 9th & 2nd over the four years

One player I recommend if you can get him is Tresor Kandol (ex-Leeds striker) was in lethal form for me over 40 goals in two seasons.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

My story on this game is unreal.

Started with Eastwood, took them to League One, lost the League One play-off final three times before resigning through boredom. Took the job at Queens University Belfast in the Northern Irish Second Division, got back to back promotions to the Premier League, came 2nd in the Premier League four years running (behind Linfield who are a joke), and for the first time i've just got into the Europa League group stages! Beat Dinamo Tbilisi, Club Brugge and Guimaraes to get there. In my first group game I beat Blackburn away 2-1. :lol:

My ground has a capacity of 1000 and the board won't build a new stadium even if i threaten to resign.

One of my strikers has scored over 230 goals in 6 and a bit seasons.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
The Godfather
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by The Godfather »

Started off as Man Utd, and put everyone on the transfer list. If they refused to be put on there, I cancelled there contract. Only a few main players stayed for the season.

Brought Gill Wignal from Rushden for £90 Million, so we have a nice budget at the moment. :D

Got relegated with Man Utd (I got sacked in October, but they still went down) and joined Mansfield, and got them promoted to League 2.

Rushden have just signed Jay Spearing, and he's on £19,500 a week. :lol:
"In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns."
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I managed to sign Szecesny from Arsenal in my first season (for Rushden)
mattreddan

Post by mattreddan »

TheIncognitoKid wrote:I managed to sign Szecesny from Arsenal in my first season (for Rushden)
Stats are awful though If I remember... I expect they'll increase for FM2012

Only just started a new game, I did some editing so that the leagues were correct for the 2012 season but all teams/funds/etc are still the same as 2010/11 season so I ended up finishing 12th in the first season in League 2 with Crawley, 2nd season currently and now regularly from 6th - 10th atm after about 13-14 games.. starting in league 2 with a bsp team with bugger all wages and no transfer funds is hard.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

mattreddan wrote:
TheIncognitoKid wrote:I managed to sign Szecesny from Arsenal in my first season (for Rushden)
Stats are awful though If I remember... I expect they'll increase for FM2012
stats arn't great, but was excellent in helping me get promotion and was a current Poland international
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Currently 18th in League two after about 10 games, proving to be ALOT harder than the Blue Square Bet Prem. Just got tonked by Rotherham 4-0 at Nene Park :(
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:Currently 18th in League two after about 10 games, proving to be ALOT harder than the Blue Square Bet Prem. Just got tonked by Rotherham 4-0 at Nene Park :(
"Boooooo. We want diamondgeezer1 out, say we want diamondgeezer1 out!"
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
diamond.jack99

Post by diamond.jack99 »

diamondgeezer1 wrote:Currently 18th in League two after about 10 games, proving to be ALOT harder than the Blue Square Bet Prem. Just got tonked by Rotherham 4-0 at Nene Park :(
same as me in my first season in league 2, i came 19th but then the next season i managed to get tommo for 10k and finished 3rd
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I got knocked out 4-2 by Bordeaux in the Europa League first knockout round :(

I have however just won the Northern Irish Premier League for the first time. :D
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291