[ Wed 17th Oct ] U18/MAA v Leyton Orient, KO 7:45pm FAYC3Q HOM

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Wed 17th Oct ] U18/MAA v Leyton Orient, KO 7:45pm FAYC3Q HOM

Post by Dazzler »

A decent crowd tonight of 161 - Thanks for your support.

AFC Rushden&Diamonds @AFCRD
FT 2-3. It’s @leytonorientfc that progress but the Diamonds boys certainly gave a good account of themselves.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

A very enjoyable and entertaining game last night. Our lads were very unfortunate to lose and there was very little between the sides. Ultimately they probably had a bit more quality at the top end of the pitch which was just about enough to win the tie but we more than matched them in most areas. I can't really pay a bigger compliment than that given they're a professional club.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

BartonRaz wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:17 am A very enjoyable and entertaining game last night. Our lads were very unfortunate to lose and there was very little between the sides. Ultimately they probably had a bit more quality at the top end of the pitch which was just about enough to win the tie but we more than matched them in most areas. I can't really pay a bigger compliment than that given they're a professional club.
Agreed, it was a terrific game, despite the ref's best efforts to ruin it for everyone in the second half. Orient kept the ball much better than we did, as you'd probably expect, but I thought we defended superbly in the first half, and actually looked more dangerous than them when we attacked. Kelly and Mensah in particular were really impressive for us.

I thought they were the better side in the second half, and probably just about deserved to win it, although our second goal was an absolute belter - worth the admission fee alone! The players and management can be very proud of their performance.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Like the other 160+ I’m glad I went last night, as Dave said being totally honest The O’s just about deserved the win but it was one of those games with a bit of luck and that little extra composure at times we could of nicked it. All those involved did the Club, Darren but more importantly themselves proud. Well done to all.