Joel Gyasi Heads Down The A6

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Joel Gyasi Heads Down The A6

Post by Formic »

http://www.afcdiamonds.com/joel-gyasi-moves-on

He couldn't have picked a worse time. Just as we finally looked like getting to grips with this league, with the right formation and tactics we've now got to think again.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: Joel Gyasi Heads Down The A6

Post by BartonRaz »

This was always on the cards after what happened in the summer and the revelations that he has an agent. In my opinion he hasn't even been close to recovering his form from last season this term.

I was gutted when he left in the summer but won't lose sleep this time around.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Formic
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:35 am This was always on the cards after what happened in the summer and the revelations that he has an agent. In my opinion he hasn't even been close to recovering his form from last season this term.

I know what you mean, but the performance of the whole team at Needham was such an improvement on previous performances there was a hope we'd made the sort of improvement we made last season at the start of November. The introduction of more experience in midfield, plus two players who could play wide in the front three as well as linking with any advancing midfielder, as well as a strong back four with two full backs who can get forward without leaving the defence exposed looked good.

Prior to that game I would probably have agreed with you - and let's hope we do find someone else who can play in that wide forward role.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:00 am
BartonRaz wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:35 am This was always on the cards after what happened in the summer and the revelations that he has an agent. In my opinion he hasn't even been close to recovering his form from last season this term.

I know what you mean, but the performance of the whole team at Needham was such an improvement on previous performances there was a hope we'd made the sort of improvement we made last season at the start of November. The introduction of more experience in midfield, plus two players who could play wide in the front three as well as linking with any advancing midfielder, as well as a strong back four with two full backs who can get forward without leaving the defence exposed looked good.

Prior to that game I would probably have agreed with you - and let's hope we do find someone else who can play in that wide forward role.
Fair comment, I wasn't at Needham so can only comment on what i'd seen before that.

An opportunity for John Dean perhaps? Or Reynolds playing further forwards with Westwood behind him.

Article on the ET Website today says that Cameron Gilchrist and Ty Ward have been told to find new clubs. Also mentioned that Punter and Westwood were left out of the squad for Needham due to 'disciplinary reasons'.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:17 am
An opportunity for John Dean perhaps? Or Reynolds playing further forwards with Westwood behind him.
Dean was my initial thought. However you’ve got me thinking about Callum’s strengths. How about Peaksie trying him in the wide role in front of Reynolds? I have been critical of his defensive qualities and I feel he might be better in a more attacking role and a number of players have prospered from a release from defensive duties with Gareth Bale being a classic case ending up at Real Madrid instead of Birmingham City.
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

Not a huge loss, never found any sort of form this season and apparently only re-signed for us to put himself in the shop window looking to entice higher level clubs. John Dean is more than capable of playing in his position for probably half the wages which could free up some money to improve our squad elsewhere.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Head wasn’t in it since he returned, evident in his performances. We’re a bloody good club at a good level and deserve players who want to play for us.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

One good half at the weekend won't result in me mourning his departure too much.