More blank saturdays coming up?

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

More blank saturdays coming up?

Post by sussexdiamond »

If Needham Market win their replay on Tuesday v Met Police we will be without a game on 6th October and it gets worse if Kings Lynn win their 3rd round match against as yet unknown opponents we will be without a game on the 20th October.

There is very little scope for a rearranged match on the 6th. Lowestoft being the only team we have not yet played or scheduled to play in the next couple of weeks..
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Re: More blank saturdays coming up?

Post by mikerd »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:33 pm If Needham Market win their replay on Tuesday v Met Police we will be without a game on 6th October and it gets worse if Kings Lynn win their 3rd round match against as yet unknown opponents we will be without a game on the 20th October.

There is very little scope for a rearranged match on the 6th. Lowestoft being the only team we have not yet played or scheduled to play in the next couple of weeks..
Banbury United are out, so if Needham Market win there replay on Tuesday, poss Banbury United away on the 6th October, instead of midweek.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Banbury are playing Tamworth on 6th Oct
mikerd

Post by mikerd »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:21 pm Banbury are playing Tamworth on 6th Oct
Good spot, I missed that.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

For purely selfish reasons i'm hoping for the Needham game to get postponed as I can't make the original date, and the King's Lynn game to remain as I have a friend staying me that weekend who's coming to the game - or intending to!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

One other option might be to bring the Lowestoft away game forward to 6th October since they will have a free Saturday (they were due to play St Neots who won their FA Cup tie against Romulus) and the currently scheduled fixture would clash with the FA Trophy second qualifying round if one of us wins our first qualifying round tie, which is highly likely.

If Needham win on Tuesday, is it something we can approach Lowestoft about and be able to do under League rules? I remember a similar situation with Barton Rovers back in the 15/16 when that was brought forward (admittedly from a Tuesday) due to both us being out of the FA Trophy early on.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Mad Dog wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:07 am One other option might be to bring the Lowestoft away game forward to 6th October since they will have a free Saturday (they were due to play St Neots who won their FA Cup tie against Romulus) and the currently scheduled fixture would clash with the FA Trophy second qualifying round if one of us wins our first qualifying round tie, which is highly likely.
Yes please! Even though I couldn't make the game, I could do without Lowestoft on a Tuesday night. :fool:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TwinkleToesTomlin
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

Maybe Dave Albon can she’d some light on this, but wouldn’t Lowestoft have to agree to this. It’s very much in their interest to play the game on a Tuesday night after Bully has built 4 house before travelling 2 and half hours on a coach.

Unless Lowestoft want the money of course.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
mikerd

Post by mikerd »

Mad Dog wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:07 am One other option might be to bring the Lowestoft away game forward to 6th October since they will have a free Saturday (they were due to play St Neots who won their FA Cup tie against Romulus) and the currently scheduled fixture would clash with the FA Trophy second qualifying round if one of us wins our first qualifying round tie, which is highly likely.

If Needham win on Tuesday, is it something we can approach Lowestoft about and be able to do under League rules? I remember a similar situation with Barton Rovers back in the 15/16 when that was brought forward (admittedly from a Tuesday) due to both us being out of the FA Trophy early on.

Well said, well put, I agree with you, that it would be a good idea to bring Lowestoft away game forward, (if Needham Market wins tomorrow) it would make much, much more sense. Lowestoft don't have a game on the 6th October, FA Trophy could mean are original date game with Lowestoft being called off, meaning furtherest away game being played on a Tuesday night, we all don't want that.

All depends on Needham, Needham could lose, wait and see.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:04 pm Maybe Dave Albon can she’d some light on this, but wouldn’t Lowestoft have to agree to this. It’s very much in their interest to play the game on a Tuesday night after Bully has built 4 house before travelling 2 and half hours on a coach.

Unless Lowestoft want the money of course.
Of course, both clubs would have to agree to move the game, and then get approval from the league's fixtures' secretary, although (s)he is unlikely to object if both clubs are in agreement.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297