[ Sat 8th Sep ] v Hayes & Yeading FC, KO 3pm FAC1RQ

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ Sat 8th Sep ] v Hayes & Yeading FC, KO 3pm FAC1RQ

Post by Trek »

Dowlo wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:14 am I was listening to Radio Diamonds and it started looping after 65 minutes :ohmy:
Yes, really loved Doug’s comment about the Elastoplast plaster that Mitch was using on his mic and how one was needed for the team but it wore a bit thin hearing it for the 15th time when I realised that they didn’t know they were looping. :blush:
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Would have been at home to Moneyfields!!
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I wonder if we'll manage to get a fixture on 22nd. I note we are due to host Banbury in a midweek game in late November, so perhaps that might be an option if they lose their replay on Tuesday evening.
MarkH
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 12 times

Post by MarkH »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 1273
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Diamond88 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:54 am How on earth is Farrell still managing to play the full 90 is a mystery he has been off the pace all season Clifton was probably the most effective midfielder yesterday just an easy choice to bring off and don't even mention Joel how he thinks he can play at a higher level is a joke he'd struggle to get in our landlords starting 11!
Totally agree with all this! Everyone from last season have been given a fair chance etc. But it seems certain players get the nod regardless!!!
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Well we had a blip and the same shortcomings last season and before too, sometimes our players are not showing enough commitment to the cause.

Maybe a more experienced assistant would be a good edition.

Like I said before, I'm not expecting us to win the league, I predicted 9th or 10th, but i want to see the players motivated from the kick off, the manager is the one who is supposed to fire them up and maybe not be scared to drop a player and start fielding players on form.

Just my two cents.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Adrian wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:56 pm Well we had a blip and the same shortcomings last season and before too, sometimes our players are not showing enough commitment to the cause.

Maybe a more experienced assistant would be a good edition.

Like I said before, I'm not expecting us to win the league, I predicted 9th or 10th, but i want to see the players motivated from the kick off, the manager is the one who is supposed to fire them up and maybe not be scared to drop a player and start fielding players on form.

Just my two cents.
I don't understand the issue you keep raising about commitment and motivation. It's certainly not an issue that I've seen.

We are adjusting to a new level, players, coaches and fans. A level where we won't win games 4-0/5-0 every other week, we won't face teams like North Greenford and Fleet Town and we need to accept that. There needs to be some realism here.

Nothing i've seen so far suggests we'll be much lower than what you've predicted so I don't get the concerns at this point.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291