[ Fri 31st August ] v Tamworth FC, KO 7:45pm ESPC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: [ Fri 31st August ] v Tamworth FC, KO 7:45pm ESPC HOME

Post by Brownie »

Like most I enjoyed that, decent game with plenty of good football played, healthy crowd and some away fans for a change to add to the atmosphere. Did look like we were heading for our 3rd “didn’t deserve to loose that” of the season but persistence paid off eventually. Not many would argue that we didn’t deserve something from the game. A couple of old faces there as well, nice to see Luke calling in to see his old team mates, and then of course we had the pleasure of u know who. Only Daniel would think it a good idea to come and watch Diamonds with a K*ttering scarf on. He did confirm though the league would be over by Christmas in favour of his new team.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Brownie wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:19 am Like most I enjoyed that, decent game with plenty of good football played, healthy crowd and some away fans for a change to add to the atmosphere. Did look like we were heading for our 3rd “didn’t deserve to loose that” of the season but persistence paid off eventually. Not many would argue that we didn’t deserve something from the game. A couple of old faces there as well, nice to see Luke calling in to see his old team mates, and then of course we had the pleasure of u know who. Only Daniel would think it a good idea to come and watch Diamonds with a K*ttering scarf on. He did confirm though the league would be over by Christmas in favour of his new team.
I'm sure I spotted him walking around Rushden wearing a cobblers shirt at one time. He's not the brightest, will fit in well down the road! :laugh:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Busy night in Dale's Bar, Hart's Beer - https://twitter.com/hartfamilybeer - Bottle recycling.

Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

A good performance against a really strong team. We have some defensive issues to address going forward imo and agreed with Pigman that we look a little lightweight and soft at times.
Callum has really come on, but needs to concentrate on his game not getting into bad situations. Great that the team never gave up and that late goal was well deserved. Tamuff should make the play offs I'd expect.
AFC R & D member number 34
Pigman
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Pigman »

We got what we deserved last night with that late equaliser - although to be fair had we taken our chances in the first half we could and maybe should have won!

I though it was a great advert for Step 3 football, I really enjoyed the match and if we deliver anything like that level of performance on Tuesday then we will blow Deeping away!

Tamworth were simply more clinical than we were - 2 efforts and 2 goals scored, we could have been 3-2 up at half time easily!

Decent performances across the team, no-one let us down - but we do need to be more clinical in front of goal, we dominate so much of the ball we need to really make it count.

Thoroughly enjoyed the match though - and the draw was what we deserved on the balance of play, a defeat would have been very unfair !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

With the free day I decided to go see Nabs with the hope he would sink the Poppies, they were actually impressive and probably will win the league, that said when they do eventually lose a game they will probably find it hard to bounce back.

IMO Stratford were very physical they may not have big bruising players but they have no worries in hacking someone down.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Basil

Post by Basil »

After last night and the St Neots games I thought that Ben Heath was amazing!! He’s pulled off some cracking saves so far this season. Long may it continue for him but especially in a 💎 shirt
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Basil wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:37 pm After last night and the St Neots games I thought that Ben Heath was amazing!! He’s pulled off some cracking saves so far this season. Long may it continue for him but especially in a 💎 shirt
Contract-worthy in my opinion. I still find it baffling that plenty wanted Finley instead of him at the start of last season. We’re very fortunate that he stayed that season he was sat on the bench.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Another steady performance by the boys & a deserved point. Boys have done well & not far away! But it really makes me laugh how people always have a dig at the same player!! Westy this westy that...Westwood has been decent in every game yes 3 straight bookings but he will learn,making alittle more positivety instead of the growns!! Jacko been very decent aswell but in games (biggleswade/stourbridge) you could say two rash tackles has cost us points...... but because it's Jacko nothing gets said,but again another player who'd put his body on the line for his team mates,and im sure they both no theyve made the wrong decisions but thatscwhat comes with that type of player!! Same as faz,for the standards he set last season hes been fairly average upto now but again nothing said because he's a favourite. Up the diamonds.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Yes Westy has played very well, but his reckless tackles are dangerous to opposition players and foolhardy as we could easily have been down to ten men. Against Biggleswade he was abusive to the ref in the 90th minute and was lucky not to receive red. As I said earlier his time with us was in the balance. If Reynolds had been available Westwood would be history by now . But credit to him he has put in some great performances recently.