[ Sat 18th Aug ] v Stourbridge FC, KO 3pm ESPC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

[ Sat 18th Aug ] v Stourbridge FC, KO 3pm ESPC AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Re: [ Sat 18th Aug ] v Stourbridge FC, KO 3pm ESPC AWAY

Post by sussexdiamond »

I wonder if we will sign a new striker before Saturday. Looks like Tom could be out for some time and Ben probably wont be fit for this week.

I was thinking of Lobjot but he has just signed for Brackley although we may be able to take him on loan. Whatever happened to Jefferson Louis after he was training with us in pre season?
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 am I wonder if we will sign a new striker before Saturday. Looks like Tom could be out for some time and Ben probably wont be fit for this week.

I was thinking of Lobjot but he has just signed for Brackley although we may be able to take him on loan. Whatever happened to Jefferson Louis after he was training with us in pre season?
Was Jefferson Louis ever actually training with us? I thought it was a wind-up. Exactly the sort of player to replace Lorraine though if he's out for a period of time. I know some people don't have particularly fond memories of him but he certainly puts the ball in the net at this level.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

I hope we can take a few fans for this, they had 700+ on Monday night so will be a good crowd
Drunken Debanker
Has Liked: 12 times

Post by Drunken Debanker »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:35 am I Whatever happened to Jefferson Louis after he was training with us in pre season?
He moved to Bulgaria and had to sell his car.

Of course it was a wind up!

I expect to see Shawn Richards involved on Saturday if he is we could play him and Dean either side of Bowen.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
We'll Drink Some Beer
And We'll Drink Some More
Cuz We Are The Rushden Boys On Tour.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Drunken Debanker wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:23 pm
That’s great news. At least he didn’t have to contact his brother who lives in Germany for a sub so he could get back to the UK. :joy:
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Whatever happened to Jefferson Louis after he was training with us in pre season?

Of course it was a wind up!

I expect to see Shawn Richards involved on Saturday if he is we could play him and Dean either side of Bowen.
I would imagine Ty Ward is first in line for a starting place.
blackcountrydiamond

Post by blackcountrydiamond »

Disappointed to be missing this game in my home town...against the team I've supported since a kid...along with the mighty Wolves obviously.

If you get time then look out The Royal Exchange in Enville Street. Superb Bathams ale and cobs! walking distance from the ground too.

The Duke in Coventry Street with great Craddocks Ales is also walking distance. They do great pork pies too!

Enjoy the trip guys and be kind to my spiritual home. Go Diamonds/Glassboys. A draw for me please.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

blackcountrydiamond wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:53 pm Disappointed to be missing this game in my home town...against the team I've supported since a kid...along with the mighty Wolves obviously.

If you get time then look out The Royal Exchange in Enville Street. Superb Bathams ale and cobs! walking distance from the ground too.

The Duke in Coventry Street with great Craddocks Ales is also walking distance. They do great pork pies too!

Enjoy the trip guys and be kind to my spiritual home. Go Diamonds/Glassboys. A draw for me please.
Any suggestions for parking? There seems to be plenty of double yellow lines around the ground, and most of the town centre carparks are short stay. The one our opponents recommend is described in a negative manner on the town website! https://www.stourbridge.com/stourbridge-parking.htm
Stourbridge_Diamond
Has Liked: 10 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

Another Stourbridge ex-pat here.

I'll be there.

A lot of the parking in Stourbridge centre is short stay. There's a long stay near the tip, and it's not a massive walk to get to the ground from the town centre.

In terms of pubs, agree with both those choices.

Sadlers Brewery's the Windsor castle (my local) is also decent, but located in Lye, so it's a few mins drive away.

Matt
The artist formerly known as Southstand