[ Sat 11th Aug ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm ESPC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: [ Sat 11th Aug ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm ESPC HOME

Post by Mad Dog »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:20 pmI'D be happy with one point at Biggleswade to be honest, that's going to be a tough test, but we go with confidence.
I honestly think we need to just keep the momentum going and go into the match with a positive outlook and enjoy the ride, but taking into account that they’ve beaten Kings Lynn, so as not underestimate them.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Impressive win for Stourbridge last night 3-0 against big spenders Stratford.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:13 am Impressive win for Stourbridge last night 3-0 against big spenders Stratford.
And a crowd we’d be proud of - 733. Really looking forward to Saturday’s game and a good atmosphere with some actual home support.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:11 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:13 am Impressive win for Stourbridge last night 3-0 against big spenders Stratford.
And a crowd we’d be proud of - 733. Really looking forward to Saturday’s game and a good atmosphere with some actual home support.
Same, bar possibly the St Ives playoff final, it'll be by far the biggest home crowd we've seen at an away league game before, it'll be a testament to how far we've come from playing teams with virtually no support whatsoever, to playing teams with fanbases similar to our own.

But these two away games are going to be a massive test, we certainly aren't going to be putting 5 past these guys, and we'll need to keep it tight at the back, Saturday was a brilliant day full of positives, the whole team played well, but if I had to be slightly critical, I would have to say Redditch could have scored more than they did, they created a fair few chances against us and we're going to be coming up against some much better finishers at this level.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308