Joel Gyasi

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Joel Gyasi

Post by ParcelFace »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:19 am It is fact that at least two players rejected better offers and that at least two clubs have wage bill about 3 times ours.
Who have the big budgets? There are some big hitters in our league so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a few more than 2! Also who were the two players?
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

ParcelFace wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:19 am It is fact that at least two players rejected better offers and that at least two clubs have wage bill about 3 times ours.
Who have the big budgets? There are some big hitters in our league so it wouldn't surprise me if it was a few more than 2! Also who were the two players?
There is always someone who claims to have knowledge on other clubs budgets, do they phone up and ask the chairman or something?
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Adrian wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:43 pm
ParcelFace wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 am
There is always someone who claims to have knowledge on other clubs budgets, do they phone up and ask the chairman or something?
If a club sign players considered to be worthy of playing at a higher level then clearly they have a bigger budget. Whether that budget is sustainable in the long term is debatable. It is obvious that K*ttering and Kings Lynn will spend far more than most clubs. A few others are also offering good money eg Biggleswade and below is Bedford and Cambridge City. Well that is what Ritchie Jeune told me when we spoke on the phone last week.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

I wonder if that means Cambridge and Bedford have been trying to sign K*ttering players :cheesy:

Unless they have new owners Biggleswade wont be challenging this season.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

It was confirmed at AGM tonight that Joel WAS offered a contract to play in Bulgaria. He travelled there only to discover the club manager and chairman did not agree. So he had to return home, with help from his brother. He is being offered more than we can afford by other clubs. But we have. not written him off yet.He has not played for Bedford recently so is probably being sought by higher clubs.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Bedford Town have signed another couple of players recently but looking at news stories on their website there appears to be no confirmation that Joel has actually signed for them.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

Trek wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:10 am Bedford Town have signed another couple of players recently but looking at news stories on their website there appears to be no confirmation that Joel has actually signed for them.
Not signed for them yet as far as I’m aware, Bedford are not the best at tweeting or doing match reports & the only game it’s clear Joel definitely played in was the 1st of their 7 games so far. Possibly been appearing as Mr Trialist somewhere else, though strange he was named it the Peterborough game if he’s not staying.