Shaw Lane AFC

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Shaw Lane AFC

Post by Trek »

Not that it directly affects us but it is being reported that Shaw Lane AFC have advised the FA that they are withdrawing their first team from the league. I formed the impression that things did not appear well with the Chairman recently announcing they were considering relocating to Wakefield and then requesting additional people to join the board.

Sadly another case of one man and his money.

Here is the club statement:-

http://www.shawlaneafc.com/news/club-st ... Z0.twitter
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: Shaw Lane AFC

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

What a waste
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Not entirely sure how this may affect things. I guess It’s possible that Hayes & Yeading could be promoted in to the Southern League Premier with Banbury moving in to our league and Coalville moving north.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Trek

Post by Trek »

Some are predicting either Coalville or Hednesford going North and Banbury United, who were appealing their placement, going into the Central.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I'm beginning to feel quite sorry for the FA!! The idea of an extra league at Step 3 was a very good idea but its turning into something of a nightmare. With Nuneaton still not sure of their future (Lowestoft seem to have ridden the storm) more changes could be on the way and of course there will be knock on effect at Step 4.

On top of all this the promotion issue from Step 3 still has to be resolved with the National League.

The Chairman at Shaw Lane does seem very bitter particularly at Barnsley FC who objected to them using the name Barnsley in their title.
Trek

Post by Trek »

Of course there is the chance that King’s Lynn Town could be placed North by the FA. That will bound to upset Stephen Cleeve and his £15 admission charge but the FA didn’t have any qualms about placing Wisbech Town in a Northern league at Step 4 level and King’s Lynn have previously competed in and won a Northern league a few years ago.
Trek

Post by Trek »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:08 pm Not entirely sure how this may affect things. I guess It’s possible that Hayes & Yeading could be promoted in to the Southern League Premier with Banbury moving in to our league and Coalville moving north.
This is my prediction:-

Wimborne Town will be promoted to the Southern Premier League as they are the highest 3rd placed side to lose their playoff final. Hayes & Yeading United had a higher 3rd place PPG but lost their semi-final playoff. Banbury United will move to the Central Premier League and replace one from Coalville Town, Hednesford Town or King’s Lynn Town who will be placed in the Northern Premier to replace Shaw Lane AFC.
Trek

Post by Trek »

Just seen confirmation that Wimborne get promoted, Banbury go to the Central and Hednesford go North.

That’s better for us having Banbury instead of Hednesford. Shorter away trip.

Hednesford have announced that they are appealing this decision on the basis that both Coalville and King’s Lynn are more northerly than them.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Hednesford appealling
As they have played in northern divisions for several seasons I don't think they can complain too much.
Trek

Post by Trek »

The same argument could be applied to Coalville and I wonder if Hednesford’s appeal has been made, after discussions with Coalville, to allow them to remain in a Northern league? Just a thought.