Boring season

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
UttoDiamond

Boring season

Post by UttoDiamond »

I might be being negative, but I am really looking forward to a boring league season of mid-table security with some decent cup runs (maybe a trip to the 1st Round Proper?) No pressure, just fun visiting new teams and seeing some good football. Anybody else had the same thought?
AFC R&D Member Number 444
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: Boring season

Post by ParcelFace »

UttoDiamond wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:09 pm I might be being negative, but I am really looking forward to a boring league season of mid-table security with some decent cup runs (maybe a trip to the 1st Round Proper?) No pressure, just fun visiting new teams and seeing some good football. Anybody else had the same thought?
It'll definitely be nice not being the team that's everyone's big day out. We should see some good football and I'll be happy if we finish around mid-table.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I am looking for a finish in top ten. A decent Cup run and using some of our under 21's and 18's. I don't think any season following AFCRD could be boring.
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

I'm really looking forward to this season and going into games without the pressure of we must win and also the fear of not being able to break a lesser side down. I expect more teams to come and attack and play a bit of football so should be more entertaining. There will also be games where we are the underdog which i feel brings the best out in our fans for atmosphere and should increase average attendances.

Looking forward to some big away games at Kings Lynn and Tamworth and no travelling down to London :drinks:
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

Interesting Season, but i doubt boring.
We will be among Teams with similar support and with more teams with far higher budgets, no longer will we be the star attraction for Players, i imagine players will get far higher rewards at other teams.

Also we have the role reversal for the first time in the same League with K*ttering , they will be the team with the sugar daddy with a big budget and favorites for the title and most likely to steal our players with a promise of better wages and success.

Boring never, frustrating and nervous and highs and lows, very exciting in fact.

Bring it On.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32