Its that time again

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: Its that time again

Post by Trek »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:09 pm Was the best of a bad bunch that was signed in the run at the end of that season. You could tell he had a bit of quality about him and if he had of stayed a bit longer and had a pre season, he may well of gone on to be a key player for the club
Agree with you. Was involved with Stamford the following season including that victory over Wrexham in the FA Cup and appears to have had a decent season with Banbury.
Will be interested to see if Spencer Weir-Daley is with us this coming season as I suspect many Diamonds fans think he may have under performed given his undoubted pedigree and winning Goal of the Season.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:09 pm
Trek wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:57 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 11:58 am A damn sight better than he did for us!!
He would have been OK if Lewis Leslie hadn’t given him a ‘Corby Kiss’ in that goal celebration and don’t forget he scored when coming on late for us in the Playoff Final, although clearly not being fully match fit.

Was the best of a bad bunch that was signed in the run at the end of that season. You could tell he had a bit of quality about him and if he had of stayed a bit longer and had a pre season, he may well of gone on to be a key player for the club
Bit harsh Incog, the run in bunch did include Nab’s, Bowen and J Lee with Elliot, most of which I think many would be happy to have seen in a Diamonds shirt for longer/still, I won’t list the other post November signings as that would somewhat enhance your point.
That head injury was v Hanwell 3 games from end of regular season, Elliot’s involvement after that was a couple of minutes at the end of the Royston game ironically replacing Lewis and part of the play off final, who knows what may have been, we've had/have a few players who possibly have over exuberant celebrations for goals that haven’t just won a World Cup, given Lewis was relatively new he probably thought that was the Diamonds way. I rated Elliot and for me that’s a very good signing for Corby.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Brownie wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 10:14 am
TheIncognitoKid wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:09 pm
Trek wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 3:57 pm

He would have been OK if Lewis Leslie hadn’t given him a ‘Corby Kiss’ in that goal celebration and don’t forget he scored when coming on late for us in the Playoff Final, although clearly not being fully match fit.

Was the best of a bad bunch that was signed in the run at the end of that season. You could tell he had a bit of quality about him and if he had of stayed a bit longer and had a pre season, he may well of gone on to be a key player for the club
Bit harsh Incog, the run in bunch did include Nab’s, Bowen and J Lee with Elliot, most of which I think many would be happy to have seen in a Diamonds shirt for longer/still, I won’t list the other post November signings as that would somewhat enhance your point.
That head injury was v Hanwell 3 games from end of regular season, Elliot’s involvement after that was a couple of minutes at the end of the Royston game ironically replacing Lewis and part of the play off final, who knows what may have been, we've had/have a few players who possibly have over exuberant celebrations for goals that haven’t just won a World Cup, given Lewis was relatively new he probably thought that was the Diamonds way. I rated Elliot and for me that’s a very good signing for Corby.
They were some decent players on paper, including maship and jepson but it didn't really happen for them in a diamonds shirt. Bowen however did perform , maybe just a little frustrated that he didn't stay with the club. Nabil didn't really make his name until the following season.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Bowen, now there is a player I would welcome back. His move to Brackley was a step too far at that time. But has done well at Step 3 with Bigleswsde.With Ben Diamond they could form a very useful partnership
sandringhamdiamond
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

Players will come and go, its always hard to predict who but I just hope we can keep hold of Both wingers who were sensation last season and Ben Diamond who should be made the focal point of out attack
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Pressman wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 12:56 pm I have not been told officially that Steve is leaving but certainly many fans at Wembley were under the distinct impression that Sunday's cameo may have been his last appearance for Brackley.

One fact to substantiate the whispers is that Steve has played less than 3 hours football in the entire season. Great penalty on Sunday though!

If he did become available and we could afford him the IMO he would be a great signing as he could still play at NLN level. Diggin and Diamond now that potentially would be a potent forward line!!
Diggin has gone to Banbury Utd - who may be in our league if their appeal fails.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:44 pm
TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 9:05 pm We’re in a great position, in that I’d be absolutely delighted to start the season with exactly the same squad that finished the previous one.

But if we’re playing a game...

Adam Marriot, Jack Bowen, Ben Stephens, Lewis Hillyard and Danny May
Ben Stephens is a great shout and I believe he is friends with some of our players. Having said that I think he’s been on trial with professional clubs last season. Stratford Town have had a managerial change this summer, so perhaps he could be available.
Ben Stephens has signed for Macclesfield Town who’ll be playing in League Two next season:

https://www.stratford-herald.com/87990- ... phens.html
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

This weekend should bring some player news. I expect all but a couple to re sign, maybe a disappointment in there. New players to be few even return of a favourite!
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

It is likely to be the end of next week.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

sussexdiamond wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:25 am This weekend should bring some player news. I expect all but a couple to re sign, maybe a disappointment in there. New players to be few even return of a favourite!
Educated guesswork or been listening to the jungle drums? from odd conversations I've had with people from other Clubs I'd agree in the main.
Maybe 4 not resigning, hopefully no big disappointments as one could lead to others, squad wasn't that big so up to 5 new faces, and every season brings the return of an old favourite so would expect this one to be no different.