Brackley Town make Nat. League North final

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Re: Brackley Town make Nat. League North final

Post by Olly »

Congrats to Brackley :clapping:

First time in 21 years a club from Northamptonshire has won at Wembley if I'm not mistaken.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
mikerd
Has Liked: 8 times

Post by mikerd »

Great win to Brackley, congratulations to Brackley on winning the FA Trophy.

Fully deserved, Brackley much better side on the day, thought 90th own goal was funny. :rofl:
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

You can't underestimate what a massive achievement that is, Well done Brackley

We can dream....our day will come :whistle:
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

Pressman is very happy that his second team produced such an unbelievable result and the fact that I realised a personal dream in reporting from Wembley.

It was a game that Brackley should have won in the opening 90 minutes but the scenes when Dean scored the equaliser - just seconds from the end - were amazing and then there was a sense of disbelief when Brackley came back from 4 - 2 down in the penalty shoot out with three veteran players staying ice cool to get Brackley over the line.

Yes Sunday was a remarkable win for Brackley but it was also a win for the county of Northamptonshire.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Pressman wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:40 pm when Dean scored the equaliser - just seconds from the end
Not that it really matters now but was Dean credited with the goal? I watched it several times on the replay and it appeared that Roger Johnson turned the rebounded shot in. Certainly from the look on Johnson’s face I think he was convinced he’d scored.
Pressman

Post by Pressman »

While I've seen both players credited with the goal it was the importance and the timing that mattered not who got the final touch!

Mind you when I spoke with Gaz Dean afterwards he was insistent that he was the goalscorer and that Johnson confirmed this to him afterwards. I was not about to argue the point as we may not have got his eloquent post match interview!